Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
My bike ran fine with the evap canister as well, so, who knows.

You can plug line going out of the evap purge valve to the throttle bodies to see if indeed the canister is the issue.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just got back from my first test ride with the starace airbox.

Setup now is evap canister removed, termi flash, sc cans without DB killlers plus decat.

Smooth as silk and no bogging even at the start of the ride. 40 degrees F out here now, I warmed up the bike and rode it hard.

No problem with the setup I am running.
Hmm now I am torn. How much of a PITA was the airbox install?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hmm now I am torn. How much of a PITA was the airbox install?
It took several hours, and it requires removing the tank, many connectors, etc, so it is a PITA. LOL!

Watch the videos linked to in the thread about it.

No guarantee that your issues will be solved by the new airbox.

You may just want to disconnect the line to the throttle bodies coming out of the purge valve and plug that to see if the evap system is causing your issues.

If there is no change, perhaps the new airbox is the answer.

In general, adding an aftermarket exhaust without increasing the availability of increased air intake is an imperfect solution. Maximizing the intake is important for maximum performance especially since the Termi is tuned for it.

If you don't mind wrenching and the cash is available, I recommend the starace.

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP
10 Posts
Ah I see. Thx for the thread. Perhaps I’ll just leave that alone then. The air box install isn’t too hard just a bit time consuming. I wanna say I got mine done in abt 2-3 hrs max.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone done the mid-pipe, an up-map, and stock cans? Just curious how it runs. I think that might be what I do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know what the scproject decat is made of?
Anyone know how off the color is from the original pipes and does it match any better over time?

Thanks gents

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also what is the likelihood sc project actually releases their full system and any guesstimates when? (When we all buy their decat?(-.-))

·
Registered
379 Posts
2 other great full exhaust options are VanDeamon and Power Works Racing. Power works recently announced a pre order for the 821/939 but already make a full system for the 950. If I were doing a full system I would definitely get one of these 2. Power Works have options for the 950 now too. You don't have to buy the whole thing. You can just do primary pipes if you have a seperate collector or just buy the cat delete pipe.

I have been preaching the Starace RSR for years now. You need to get more air in if you want to make the air come out quicker and make power. Bike revs quicker all the way to redline, smoother and makes more power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone done the mid-pipe, an up-map, and stock cans? Just curious how it runs. I think that might be what I do.
I have fitted just the Arrow de-cat pipe and left the stock cans and up-map. Ran like crap until I disconnected the O2 sensors and changed from the H950 19 OEM N map to the H950 19 D187 FR map after reading a post saying this would work better. Bike now runs great and much better than stock.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have fitted just the Arrow de-cat pipe and left the stock cans and up-map. Ran like crap until I disconnected the O2 sensors and changed from the H950 19 OEM N map to the H950 19 D187 FR map after reading a post saying this would work better. Bike now runs great and much better than stock.
Is it necessary to disconnect the O2 Sensors if you change to the other map?

Are people disconnecting the 02 sensors when running slip-ons?

Just curious what people are doing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is it necessary to disconnect the O2 Sensors if you change to the other map?

Are people disconnecting the 02 sensors when running slip-ons?

Just curious what people are doing.
O2 sensors always have to be disconnected with any termi remap because the O2 sensors will still be feeding data to the ecu and it will be adjusting the fuel ratio in conflict with the aftermarket map. There is nothing in the termi remap that disables the O2 sensors. That would be a nice solution, but it is not offered.

Termi should make that point more clearly than they do.

·
Registered
65 Posts
O2 sensors always have to be disconnected with any termi remap because the O2 sensors will still be feeding data to the ecu and it will be adjusting the fuel ratio in conflict with the aftermarket map. There is nothing in the termi remap that disables the O2 sensors. That would be a nice solution, but it is not offered.

Termi should make that point more clearly than they do.
Gotcha. Thanks. Where is the disconnect location? Easy enough to get to?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Gotcha. Thanks. Where is the disconnect location? Easy enough to get to?
The front O2 sensor connects on the right hand side of the bike tucked up into the lower frame. Follow the lead from the sensor and undo a few rubber cable organizers till you find the connection. Just unplug or better still, unplug and remove the sensor from the exhaust system. Plug with a bung plug.

The rear plug is under the seat near the battery. You cant easily follow the O2 sensor lead to the plug under the seat but you will recognize the plug if you deal with the front one first.

Recommended to remove the sensors from the exhaust.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts