Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Interesting dyno info using UpMap on a Panigale V4. UpMap seems to offer a pretty good tune.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found a solution to the arrow decat pipe hitting the swingarm issue.

The hangar to the welded support should be the last thing to be secured and then use whatever hardware is required to mount it without stress.

Mount the rubber shock mount to the welded support, on the other side of that recommended by the instructions, as per my picture.

Good swingarm clearance now.
View attachment 999002
Pard, any leaks from decat to y-pipe with the little extension hardware. I have SC decat and don’t have contact but it’s close. PS I like you kepspeed swing arm.. I bought I new tinker toy and been browsing the web ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pard, any leaks from decat to y-pipe with the little extension hardware. I have SC decat and don’t have contact but it’s close. PS I like you kepspeed swing arm.. I bought I new tinker toy and been browsing the web ;)
No leaks. The support bracket on the Arrow seems to be the culprit with the fitment issues. Regret not getting the SC midpipe. I still may in the end. Are you getting exhaust leaks at the Y with the SC pipe?

Congratulations on the tinker toy! LOL! The Grom is really a fantastic machine for tinkering. Endless...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I paid, but I have read in the forums that some have been successful requesting a new map and getting it for free. Probably worth a shot to ask.
I was able to get the other map and loaded it up. I need to figure out why my bike feels so lean when cold and rides normal when warm. Really boggy until warm.

Both maps did it

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP
10 Posts
I was able to get the other map and loaded it up. I need to figure out why my bike feels so lean when cold and rides normal when warm. Really boggy until warm.

Both maps did it
I think that may be a hyper thing in general. Mine was/is the same before and after remapping.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think that may be a hyper thing in general. Mine was/is the same before and after remapping.
I am wondering if it is the charcoal canister? It's crazy when cold it is really boggy sometimes, then it warms up and is a super normal bike...

·
Registered
476 Posts

Both maps did it
If it runs well once warmed up, that is all that matters. I assume you mean engine temps coming up to normal operating?

My bike does not run well when cold either.

·
Registered
110 Posts
If it runs well once warmed up, that is all that matters. I assume you mean engine temps coming up to normal operating?

My bike does not run well when cold either.
What kind of symptoms does yours have?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I always let the bike warm up before riding it. If I fail to do so, the throttle response is sluggish. Was like that when stock as well.
Same here. If I try to rev at all when cold, it’ll surely shut off most the time. But like you guys said, it’s just fine once warmed up. So I guess nothing to worry about. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
476 Posts
I do wonder if the charcoal canister is the culprit here
Not sure what elevation you are running at, but maybe the tune is not ideal without the airbox mod. The tune seems to be optimized for that setup.

I have yet to test it with the new airbox installed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure what elevation you are running at, but maybe the tune is not ideal without the airbox mod. The tune seems to be optimized for that setup.

I have yet to test it with the new airbox installed.
Which airbox mod? I'm at sea level more or less

·
Registered
476 Posts
Which airbox mod? I'm at sea level more or less
The T800 map is designed for use with the starace airbox mod.

"UpMap engine calibration for Ducati Hypermotard 950, model year 2019 and 2020, SC-Project S1 slip-on, de-cat and STARACE air box kit type RS. "

You can get it directly from Giuseppe. Not sure it is the cause of the issue you are having.

[email protected]

"It costs 370 euros delivery included

You must use air filter Sprintfilter cm61s not included with kit

After installing performance in according with Upmap (they are my official partner) will be very high in terms of torque and overall and will have a great throttle response without any lag when you close and reopen gas
"

-G

·
Registered
110 Posts
The T800 map is designed for use with the starace airbox mod.

"UpMap engine calibration for Ducati Hypermotard 950, model year 2019 and 2020, SC-Project S1 slip-on, de-cat and STARACE air box kit type RS. "

You can get it directly from Giuseppe. Not sure it is the cause of the issue you are having.

[email protected]

"It costs 370 euros delivery included

You must use air filter Sprintfilter cm61s not included with kit

After installing performance in according with Upmap (they are my official partner) will be very high in terms of torque and overall and will have a great throttle response without any lag when you close and reopen gas
"

-G

Ah good call. Honestly I had it with the other termi map, I am thinking it is less tune and more charcoal canister or just how these bikes are if everyone has lean issues at start

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just got back from my first test ride with the starace airbox.

Setup now is evap canister removed, termi flash, sc cans without DB killlers plus decat.

Smooth as silk and no bogging even at the start of the ride. 40 degrees F out here now, I warmed up the bike and rode it hard.

No problem with the setup I am running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got back from my first test ride with the starace airbox.

Setup now is evap canister removed, termi flash, sc cans without DB killlers plus decat.

Smooth as silk and no bogging even at the start of the ride. 40 degrees F out here now, I warmed up the bike and rode it hard.

No problem with the setup I am running.
Wow so the evap canister was indeed the culprit huh.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was it a hard job to remover the evap canister? Any downsides? I may consider doing this now

61 - 80 of 94 Posts