Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
What map did you load? What bike did you select?

Maybe since I have just a cat delete with OEM cans it is not a "racing" map?
I was under the impression pretty much all those upmap maps trigger the racing screen. But I just found this and I guess that isn't the case.https://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/Termignoni_T800_UpMap_Cable_Ducati_Hypermotard_950_SP_201920--product--19358.html

A few of those map selections don't prompt the racing screen. I selected H950 19 D187 FD

·
Registered
477 Posts
I was under the impression pretty much all those upmap maps trigger the racing screen. But I just found this and I guess that isn't the case.https://www.motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/Termignoni_T800_UpMap_Cable_Ducati_Hypermotard_950_SP_201920--product--19358.html

A few of those map selections don't prompt the racing screen. I selected H950 19 D187 FD
Thanks!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Installed the arrow decat midpipe, and it touched the swingarm.

Sent pics to the vendor to get an answer about the issue from arrow. I had read about it in this thread but assumed it would have been addressed by now.

Perhaps I need to just move the pipe pieces around some more before putting on the springs and securing the bolts?

IMG_3318.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Installed the arrow decat midpipe, and it touched the swingarm.

Sent pics to the vendor to get an answer about the issue from arrow. I had read about it in this thread but assumed it would have been addressed by now.

Perhaps I need to just move the pipe pieces around some more before putting on the springs and securing the bolts?

View attachment 998327
I know others had similar issues but mine has always cleared. It came with a little indent even ha

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks for that pic.

I pushed and pulled on the pipes and was able to get just a fraction of clearance. My pipe had the "dent" in it as well but still super tight tolerance.
IMG_3329.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for that pic.

I pushed and pulled on the pipes and was able to get just a fraction of clearance. My pipe had the "dent" in it as well but still super tight tolerance.

View attachment 998329
Yeah I figure if it fits, it fits. Never had a rubbing issue thus far
Thanks for that pic.

View attachment 998329
It is tight but I really don't think it makes a difference how close it is as long as it clears. I suppose the swingarm moves up the y-axis of the bike during suspension travel but it should clear it at all angles. I think.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Agree. I will run it as is. Just started it up and it is louder. Looking forward to a good test.

·
Registered
477 Posts
First test ride with the T800 map and the arrow decat.

Very happy with how it sounds and runs. SMOOOOTH compared to stock. Recommend the map but still annoyed with the ill fitting arrow pipe. Should have gone sc decat but figured arrow got their act together by now.

·
Registered
110 Posts
First test ride with the T800 map and the arrow decat.

Very happy with how it sounds and runs. SMOOOOTH compared to stock. Recommend the map but still annoyed with the ill fitting arrow pipe. Should have gone sc decat but figured arrow got their act together by now.
Nice, I knew you would like it. Honestly I may be dumb, but I have never once thought about the arrow clearance post install until this post lol. I never look at that part of the bike I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you recommend!? I have a brand new never ridden 950 that is waiting for spring.

1. Change silencers, keep jag and no remap
2, keep silencers, do decat and remap(upmap).

don’t wantit too loud but stock is not even worth ear plugs(and you need ear plugs for protection of the wind)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I love it, truly do. I run arrow decat and sc project now but regardless the tune is awesome. I don't think you need the servo buddy? I am not running any device and the appropriate upmap tune eliminated the need for the device. No errors or anything for 500 miles now.
More questions for you @dynastyss95 . Thank for your patience!

Considering getting the SC cans. Are these the ones that you run? How is the sound? Running with DB killers in or out?

This map is specifically for the SC cans with decat but with db killers removed.

Why did you decide to go with the Termi can map? was it because you are running db killers?

Code: H950 19 D187 FD
EXHAUST SYSTEM:

• Termignoni D187 full racing exhaust with db killer installed

·
Registered
110 Posts
More questions for you @dynastyss95 . Thank for your patience!

Considering getting the SC cans. Are these the ones that you run? How is the sound? Running with DB killers in or out?

This map is specifically for the SC cans with decat but with db killers removed.

Why did you decide to go with the Termi can map? was it because you are running db killers?

Code: H950 19 D187 FD
EXHAUST SYSTEM:

• Termignoni D187 full racing exhaust with db killer installed
No problem. I do have the s1 cans you linked and I bought them used from a guy for $700 and he had already removed the db killers. Honestly, I thought my last setup was too loud but I love how this sounds. It is pretty loud but a great sound.

I legit didn't realize that map was an option, wow I wish I did it. Although to be fair I did the termi map before I even bought the s1 cans.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ordered a set of SC1 cans and star ace airbox. May just eat the cost of the arrow pipe and order a sc decat midpipe.

Arrow factory got back to my vendor and is claiming they never had a complaint about fitment. That is, of course, one approach to customer service. Not sure it will win friends.

"The factory has responded.

They said this is the first time they have seen this and it is not a known fitment issue.

I have included a copy of their message below:

We need more picture of the part where connect to the link pipe to the original collector and a picture of the position of the little welded bracket

( see attached picture)"

·
Registered
477 Posts
SC S1 Exhaust D31-41T arrived.

Significant job to get the DB killers out. Patience and a Dremel tool required. 32 mm socket to slip down the can and shake it to hammer out the db killer after the welds holding in the killer are Dremeled out. There is no way you can just pull it out after a little Dremel action. That socket hammer is essential to break the friction since the weld bleeds into the seam.

It took me HOURS just for one can. I still have to do the other. If you rush it you can easily destroy the can.

Stock can 4lbs 2 oz each
SC can without DB killer 2lbs 7 oz. each

Mounting and testing later today.

IMG_3351.jpg IMG_3354.jpg IMG-3360.jpg IMG_3348.jpg IMG_3358.jpg IMG_3359.jpg IMG_3355.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Found a solution to the arrow decat pipe hitting the swingarm issue.

The hangar to the welded support should be the last thing to be secured and then use whatever hardware is required to mount it without stress.

Mount the rubber shock mount to the welded support, on the other side of that recommended by the instructions, as per my picture.

Good swingarm clearance now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Installed and it looks great. Sound is LOUD, but beautiful. Recording to follow.

Uploaded the T800 map for this setup. Now I get the racing prompt on key on. Interested to get it on the road and see how it runs.

I will be keeping the plastic fairing off because it looks cool this way and saves weight.

Tight fit against the turn signals, it actually is very snugly pressing up against them. Not a great long term arrangement.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Proper test ride today with the SC1 exhaust, DB killers removed, arrow decat, T800 upmap for the combo (and star ace RS airbox).

LOUD!

Deep, rumbling, satisfyingly, go F yourself if you don't like it loud; very different sound from stock.

You may want to try it first with DB killers in place.

Fueling is excellent throughout the range.

The bike feels more beastly, but that may just be due to the growling, angry, now unleashed engine that reverberates within my chest on this machine.

Still have to put in the aftermarket airbox and filter for max flow.

Visceral.

Fun.

Recommended.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Installed and it looks great. Sound is LOUD, but beautiful. Recording to follow.

Uploaded the T800 map for this setup. Now I get the racing prompt on key on. Interested to get it on the road and see how it runs.

I will be keeping the plastic fairing off because it looks cool this way and saves weight.

Tight fit against the turn signals, it actually is very snugly pressing up against them. Not a great long term arrangement.

View attachment 999001
Hey did you have to pay for a second map? I want to switch mine.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts