Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents,

Hoping to get some insight from the halls of wisdom here. Just pulled the trigger on a new Hyper 939 and ordered the full Termi kit for it as well (to be installed after break in). I'm referring to the full race exhaust kit that includes airbox, upmap key and some sort of tail/turn signal modification.

Would love those who have experience with this mod to weigh-in on these questions:

1) Part of the kit is a new license plate/indicator module: Does this act as a sort of tail tidy? Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks much improved over the stock part.

2) On the Hyper 939 SP specifically, how would you describe the gains? Particularly concerned with power wheelie-ability and throttle response

3) I've read that the weight savings from dropping the stock toaster and switching to the Termi can is significant: 7kg/15 lbs. Can anyone comment on how noticeable this is/isn't?

Thanks in advance to those who chime-in.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The link is to a slip on not the full kit

The new indicators are just smaller versions of the stock ones, it doesnt come with a smaller tail tidy.
Unless there is a new kit out??

·
Registered
98 Posts
hello

Gents,

Hoping to get some insight from the halls of wisdom here. Just pulled the trigger on a new Hyper 939 and ordered the full Termi kit for it as well (to be installed after break in).

Would love those who have experience with this mod to weigh-in on these questions:

1) Part of the kit is a new license plate/indicator module: Does this act as a sort of tail tidy? Hard to tell from the pictures but it looks much improved over the stock part: https://conquestcarbon.com/product/t...permotard-821/ <--This kit you won't notice any gain just sound and style and this kit won't come with the LED short light.

2) On the Hyper 939 SP specifically, how would you describe the gains? Particularly concerned with power wheelie-ability and throttle response. Yes you will notice a lot gain every where low mid and high specially on Race mode but and the Full race kit that have the racing Maping power wheelie you will be on the air very easy just be careful.

3) I've read that the weight savings from dropping the stock toaster and switching to the Termi can is significant: 7kg/15 lbs. Can anyone comment on how noticeable this is/isn't? yes but you will noticed on the track on regular use you won't I miss the low mount because now every time My clothes smell like burned gas because the high mount muffler.

Thanks in advance to those who chime-in.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ignore the link above fellas -it was just for reference and the link is incorrect. Regardless, I'm looking for thoughts on the full termi race exhaust (the kit that comes with upmap key, airbox mod, tail mod, etc). Appreciate the replies.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ducati does advertise it, both mid range slip & the full system come with the upkey

It doesnt come with a tail kit it comes with smaller indicators, the stock longer ones will not fit with the high mounted pipe.
The extra map is a little smoother & better once you get up to 4k rpm & above.
For me it also got rid of that slight hesitation that many have noted of when you are cruising around the 3k rpm mark.
Something to note is the air mod is only the lid of the air box, it retains the stock air filter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ducati does advertise it, both mid range slip & the full system come with the upkey

It doesnt come with a tail kit it comes with smaller indicators, the stock longer ones will not fit with the high mounted pipe.
The extra map is a little smoother & better once you get up to 4k rpm & above.
For me it also got rid of that slight hesitation that many have noted of when you are cruising around the 3k rpm mark.
Something to note is the air mod is only the lid of the air box, it retains the stock air filter.
there no gain on the high mount muffler that what i mean. he make mistake on the link that he publish i can't guess for him I have the full race i can't said anything for the high mount.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Termi mid range slip on & full system are both high mounts with gains via an extra map
The slip on gain isnt as much as the full system one is, its still a gain regardless.

round n round we go..

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This forum is typically good for info but all it takes is one guy who has no idea what he's talking about to start stating things as "fact" when in reality, they have no knowledge and are guessing.

Going back to my original questions, this is not about whether the full termi kit exists or not (yes, the really expensive one with an upmap key), I'm simply trying to get testimonials from guys who run this setup so I have an idea of what I should expect. The only firsthand stuff I've seen was from Moto journalists or from the EU-specific Ducati forum where the reviews were stellar.

I'll have the bike run in with this installed in about 2 weeks and will report back either way.

Again, thanks to those with actual knowledge for weighing in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The best you can do is buy it or go dealer and demo ride the bike with the system installed if they have it. I have it on my bike over a year and I know what I am talking about. Check other forum talk to the mechanic run dyno before and after. You going have different bike after the full race installed that all i can said I fully recommend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm curious DJKham - who your duc dealer is in these parts. I've toyed with all 3 - with varying results.

I have a 16' Strada and considered the low mount Termi - but then realized it isn't listed as an option for the 939s on ducati performance website. However, the high mount racing kit is listed as compatible - go figure.

Please let us know how it goes - really keen to hear your feedback.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm curious DJKham - who your duc dealer is in these parts. I've toyed with all 3 - with varying results.

I have a 16' Strada and considered the low mount Termi - but then realized it isn't listed as an option for the 939s on ducati performance website. However, the high mount racing kit is listed as compatible - go figure.

Please let us know how it goes - really keen to hear your feedback.
Happy to do that @MysteryKnock: I predominantly deal with GP Bikes on the sales side (service, I typically keep as far away from dealers as possible and usually do myself or via 3rd parties like Pro Six in Etobicoke). I have some good ties over there from many years of history with the owners & sales staff. Happy to help you out if you want to PM me or find me on social media (ChanceMoto.com).

Worth mentioning that when I bought my '16 939 SP, that Ducati was offering an $800 accessory credit which helped offset the cost of the full Termi Race system (which was further discounted).

For me, the full Termi was the right choice: between the accessory credit, saving the hassle of re-mapping (I don't run Ducatis with just slip ons -have learned my lesson from trial and error), combined with (user) substantiated HP and fueling gains + the look (I like the high mount).

Will have more news after break-in and install (ETA: August).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Realize I forgot to update on progress here. Did about 7,000 Kms over back half of the summer with the full termi system, including a coupon track days.

It's a very significant upgrade (and a very significant financial commitment...). Throttle response and fueling are improved, as isnpower delivery. The gains are there, as exhibited by the 3rd gear power wheelies. It takes a bike that is already sharp to another level but most likely more noticeable to those who really push its limits.

Oh yeah...it sounds great (not too loud, even without DB killer) and also shoots fire on decel ;)

https://youtu.be/FpIBM4TxhkI

1 - 14 of 14 Posts