Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment I have hypermotard 821sp 2014 I think I to change it for a 939 or a tuono 2017 I would like opinions of which would be better option thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have changed all cnc racing bracke fluid, rearsets, sprocket flanger red, gold chain, handlebar, levers, levers covers,grips,rizoma mirrors , sliders, sprocket cover, whater pomp cover, riser complet red, all cnc And sc project slip on And Evotech radiator And engine gard

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I test rode a Tuono when I was looking at Hypers. 2 completely different bikes. I loved the Tuono, it was a lot of fun, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. I am glad I sprung for the 939sp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have you ridden the Tuono? They are awesome but not really comparable to the Hyper. The Hyper is based on a touring bike while the Tuono is based on a supersports bike. They both aim to be daily ride friendly and provide lots of excitement but are truly completely different animals.

Best advice is always to go test ride and make the decision based on what your riding style and preference is and not what a magazine or youtube channel tells you.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I think you should keep your current bike, and get a ktm 690 duke. That's what I would do, so naturally I think everyone should do it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This really is not the place to ask in my opinion. This being the Hyper forum, I'd say most people are biased and inclined to say to go with Hyper or will tell you something not entirely concrete like

Have you ridden the Tuono? They are awesome but not really comparable to the Hyper. The Hyper is based on a touring bike while the Tuono is based on a supersports bike. They both aim to be daily ride friendly and provide lots of excitement but are truly completely different animals.

Best advice is always to go test ride and make the decision based on what your riding style and preference is and not what a magazine or youtube channel tells you
Though I agree, you should test ride and decide for yourself.

My opinion: The Hyper is the most fun bike I have ridden so far. I've mostly ridden crotch rockets as that is what my last bike was and what my friends ride. I've never ridden a tuono, the closest I've ridden is cb1000r, monster 696 and monster 1000 s2r. These were all very fun bikes and in my opinion easier to ride than a hyper (except the 1000 s2r, that thing popped unexpected wheelies all over the place). And as everyone else said, the only way is to test it and decide on your favorite in your opinion as this is a very subjective question...

·
Registered
2008 HyperMotard 1100S
704 Posts
As everyone else has said, they are very different bikes. You're going to need to ride both of them to figure it out.

I've ridden a Tuono V4 back-to-back with my HM1100S and they just don't compare. The Hyper is less polished, louder, slower and less technology advanced. The Tuono has a factory quick-shifter, traction control, wheelie control, ABS, better brakes and 175 (!!!) horsepower. Yeah, really. They are fast.

I love my Hyper, but the Tuono is a different tool for a different job.

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
Ride it and see what you think. Both are two different classes of bikes; you might like to have one of each in the garage. About the only thing they share in common is an upright riding position. If you're looking to compare it to a Ducati, I would be comparing it to the former, no longer produced, 1098 Street Fighter. The Dorsoduro is Aprilia's direct competitor to the Hyper.

I've ridden the Tuono as well and it is basically an upright sport bike based on the RSV4. The Hypermotard in comparison feels like, well, a big motard that has taller suspension, seat height, tighter turning radius, etc, over the Tuono which is built more for speed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great points above, but aside from speed and handling capabilities, simple things like your height can make all the difference.

I just bought my first Ducati, 2016 Hypermotard, and considered the 'Prilia Tuono as well, after sitting on one at the dealer, it was obvious that while the Hypers are great for taller riders, the Tuonos' ergos are unaccomodating. The 1100 Tuonos are one of the few bikes that don't have a Corbin or Sargent seat available too, so if like most of us, you don't intend to use it for aggressive sport riding/track days, comfort options for everyday road use are limited.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts