Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new Hypermotard 821 and when I arrived at uni, used the added helmet cable to lock my seat to that clip under the seat. When I finished uni for the day, I removed my helmet and tried to put the seat back on the bike. For some reason, it just doesn't feel like the seat has attached securely. It feel like if I pull hard enough, that the seat will come right off. I have aligned the 2 clips up from, the middle tab and the back locking pin, but I can still almost fit my hand underneath the seat with little effort.
Is this normal of 2015 hypers? It seems really dodgy that the seat wouldn't be securely attached, especially on a bike like a Ducati. The company is renowned for paying attention to detail and it makes me think that maybe I'm doing something wrong?
One thing that I did notice, is that the key hole on the side of the bike has a lock and a unlock position. Well even when I click the seat back down, the key won't turn back to the lock position, but instead stays half way between the two positions. The seat definatly clips down and it feels like that part at least is locked in, but it just seems weird that the key is unable to turn all the way back to the lock position. Is this just how they were made? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing your responses.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wouldn't say my seat is loose but I too have a sizable gap between my seat and frame. I believe this is normal.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I wouldn't say my seat is loose but I too have a sizable gap between my seat and frame. I believe this is normal.
Same for me. I rarely keep my helmet locked to the bike. :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine is the same, there's two rubber nubs on the left and right where the gap exists, but yeah, I'm pretty sure a drunk gorilla could rip that sucker off since it's one plastic tab, though I've never seen it done, and not trying it myself. But it's normal, from what I can tell. I'm not sure if the race seat is any different.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine is the same, there's two rubber nubs on the left and right where the gap exists, but yeah, I'm pretty sure a drunk gorilla could rip that sucker off since it's one plastic tab, though I've never seen it done, and not trying it myself. But it's normal, from what I can tell. I'm not sure if the race seat is any different.
You'r enot supposed to actually sit on it. it's just for looking at =)

....my seat is the same, but works fine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the quick responses guys. You've really set my mind at ease. I was worried that the seat would come off while I was riding!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check that the metal bracket under the seat that the plastic seat tab hooks under is installed the right way up.
Im not sure if it happened from new or from my first service but somehow mine ended up upside down and the plastic seat tab would sit on top of the bracket instead of hooking under..
But even installed properly the seat is pretty loose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was wondering about the seat so thanks guys for posting all these comments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts