Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Frits and I am from The Netherlands. I bought a used 2013 hypermotard 821 SP with 5800 km on the clock. This was in September 2015. Since then I put 3000 km on the clock.

On May the 13th it started stalling. The engine just died, but the dash stayed on.
So I restarted it and it was fine again. Until it stalled again that is. So I tried switching ride modes. It started again and I could ride for like 30 km. I got home and put it in the garage. The stalling kept happening more frequent 'till the point the motard wasn't rideable anymore.

Situation just before I brought it to the dealer: Could ride for about 5 minutes and the engine would shut down. The dash stays on and no errors appear. I restart it and it idles fine. As soon as I put it in first, second or third and release the clutch it stalls. Again, the dash stays on without errors. It does not matter anymore which riding mode I choose.

1. We do not have an EVAP cannister in Europe
2. I have an SC project CR-T exhaust, but with the butterfly valve etc. in place.
3. They hooked it up to the computer and no errors whatsoever appear. Accord ing to the pc everything is perfect. The side stand sensor, O2 etc. is all fine.
4. The RBW has been replaced and it did not make a difference.
5. Software update and new map were uploaded. And again the same problem.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Because I am seriously considering trading it in for a panigale 1199 S.

Cheers,

Frits

·
Registered
50 Posts
You mentioned that the side stand sensor was functioning, is it located in the correct position? I had a 749 that the side stand sensor worked, but would vibrate and create and intermittent problem, riding down the road, the ECU would detect the side stand in the "down position" and the bike in gear, and it would just shut off the engine. I replicated the issue by removing the switch, starting the bike and holding the switch against the engine while revving the bike, the vibrations would trigger the issue. Replaced the switch and never had an issue with it again.

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It can not be the side stand sensor. Because I can put it into gear. It is when I release the clutch, it stalls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts