Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to pick up some deep sockets for my impact do you happen to know the size ill need ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same question do i need that to hold it to impact it off or is that just to avoid any damage as in cover falling off . also the fork gear selector special tool are these mandatory ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
same question do i need that to hold it to impact it off or is that just to avoid any damage as in cover falling off . also the fork gear selector special tool are these mandatory ?
From what I’ve read on the Factory Pro website in regards to replacing the Shift return spring, you can just mark where it is currently and then reinstall. But if for some reason it is misaligned and needs to be realigned (as mine), it states:
“ Reinstall the shift shaft, with the loctited 6mm and 8mm allen screws in the base plate - IN THE SAME LOCATION that they were in originally!

or

If empirically adjusting the shift shaft:

Rough adjust: Align the scribe mark and the shift drum pin.
Lightly snug the 8mm allen on the plate.

Dial in: Attempt to shift. (while jogging the back wheel to line up the gear dogs to allow complete shifts)
Try to shift all gears, both up and down.
If you can't shift, then loosen the 8mm allen on the plate and "skosh" the arm over about 1mm, snug the 8mm bolt and try it again. And again, etc.
With a little testing, you'll get an idea of the middle of the range where it shifts well.
Put it there - that's the right location.

Loctite and tighten your 6mm allen bolt in the plate and then loctite the 8mm allen bolt, too.”

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the layout homie , sounds like a headache to be honest . can you just change the spring without taking it off the engine ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly, I’m not 100% as I have never replaced one, but I believe the answer is no..
the instructions I posted are on FactoryPro website. Lots of pictures, seems relatively do-able

·
Registered
255 Posts
Looks like we have similar projects. Let us know how it goes and what you use to remove the nut. Impact gun or breaker bar?

good luck! 😆

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
snap on impact 30mm metric deep socket, is there an upgraded part for what youre replacing or nah . Imight want to take care of that while I'm down

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks. I don’t think there’s an upgraded part for this, Same one from the ducati parts site, cost is $99.33 (one way clutch) not a bad idea to replace now that you are at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. I don’t think there’s an upgraded part for this, Same one from the ducati parts site, cost is $99.33 (one way clutch) not a bad idea to replace now that you are at it.
Dually noted! I didn’t think about that.

I know I’ve seen them have issues on the bikes with the “continuous starter thingy” that lets you just press and release the start button instead of hold the start button until the engine starts... (if that makes sense lol. Couldn’t think of the right terminology off the top of my head.. been a long day haha)

is it a known common issue with the hypers??

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bro that washer is bent like that on purpose, do not touch that gear because you need to mark it before you take it out

·
Registered
255 Posts
I know. I took a double look when I opened mine the first time, that washer is like that for security. I’m not sure about the scraping, wasn’t paying attention to that when I changed the starter. I’ll opened mine again this Saturday and let you know.

·
Registered
255 Posts

here is mine, it’s less noticeable but you can see a pattern there of what you have in yours

1 - 20 of 22 Posts