Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who face to this problem, I'm sorry I could not find the same exact topic about this subject on the forum.
I'd like to see all possible replies about it but like I said I couldn't find it... Anyway appreciate for your help...

I have a Hypermotard 821 - 2013. It's on 31,000 kilometers.

My ABS is not working properly. Whenever I start the engine and raise my speed above 5-10 kph, ABS light is going off and my ABS starts to work.
Everything is normal. I'm testing it with relatively hard brake, if ABS light is off, ABS is working OK and just doing its job.
But after 1 or 2 or even 15 minutes later, eventually my ABS light is on and dashboard is looking like:

DTC 2 (what I pick for myself, not important)
ABS - (flashes)

When I test it on this situation, I'm able to block the wheel and ABS is not even working.

Sometimes I do kill-switch off and on again, restart the engine, it's just fixing itself. ABS is getting back to the work again.
Sometimes it does not.

I do want to learn your opinions and definitely need your help about this problem.

I live in Istanbul/Turkey and Ducati service is amazingly high-priced, I don't even trust them so any possible replies & ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check the post

In my case was the Abs cable terminal that is conmected to battery positive. It wasnt completely broken...just weak
Check it
If not may be any tension point in the front or rear speed sensor.
I put some pics in the post

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello again,

Unfortunately this is not my problem. Cable is looking solid and I have to find the problem somewhere else.

ABS sensors on the wheels are also looking good, I cleaned them and checked both front and rear but there is nothing to do there.

Maybe there is a problem with the same ABS cable to the battery but on a different spot of the whole cable -who knows-. Anyways I'll have to take a deeper look.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also think it's the cable. But it was not on the spot that it connects to the battery like Superwombat's.
It must be on somewhere else of the cable.

I have to make sure that cable is working perfectly. I have no equipments, will deliver the bike to a dealer to check it.

I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also I have to say that, I just bought this bike and ABS is going off only sometimes, I mean it was working good on my test ride before I buy it. Bad luck.

Anyways despite of these problems, I fell in love with the bike, this is my first Ducati. It is like a dream to me, actually still cannot believe I have one.
Even ABS is not working properly, it is a really fun bike.
I was looking for a solution and saw this site and forum.
I decided to hop in and tell about my issue desperately but you guys are trying your best to help me from far corners of the world.

It is a huge pleasure to be a member of this family.

Really appreciate that, cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.