Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Hyper 1100sp, and I've been riding it for around 1200 miles so far.

I've added pipes, and PCV and tune, but I haven't touched the suspension at all.

yesterday, my local shop lowered the rear by 5 mm, and it definitely stabilized the bike a bit, requiring a bit more force on the bars to turn, and it locks into turns a bit better.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a basic setup? Should I adjust the shock or fork settings? Sag settings?

I'm about 220lbs.

·
Registered
356 Posts
It seems odd that they lowered the rear. I'm 200 lbs and the sag from the factory was WAY too much.

Contact Dan Sherman at Traxxion Dynamics. He will set you up with fork and shock springs that are correct for your weight. You are too heavy for stock.

They also have a nice preload collar that makes changing sag easier.

Traxxion Dynamics, Inc. - Shock Related

Here is a great book on suspension setupfor under $20.
http://www.amazon.com/Sportbike-Suspension-Tuning-Andrew-Trevitt/dp/1893618455/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342848090&sr=8-1&keywords=sport+bike+suspension+tuning

Michael

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll do that.

The shop sets up a LOT of supermoto bikes, and I think they were thinking in that direction. I don't like how the bike feels after they lowered the rear 6mm, it slowed the steering and the back feels too cushy now.

I'm going to probably put the 5 or 6mm back into the rear, and research and inquire before making any other changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts