Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

2008 Hypermotard owner who just flashed ECU with Android TuneECU. Once I assembled all the required cables it worked awesome! I was hoping there was going to be a few more available maps on his website but there seems to be a bunch of duplicates. Few questions:

Anyone have any custom TuneECU maps in the .hex format they would like to tell me about and share?

Anyone ever try the DP cam map with the stock cams? I remember a forum user 08Hyper perhaps? Who used the cam ECU for about a year before actually installing the cams. I kick myself everyday for not buying the DP cam kit in 2008 when it was like $500!?!?!?!?! What an idiot!

Thanks in advance!
Jaws

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
"CAMS" will be quite rich. I've done a fair amount of mapping on my 08 but not with Tuneecu. I do however use TuneECU on my Triumph.

t_bare

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response t_bare. I figured it would be crazy rich considering it was 18% fuel increase over stock. My current map is 8%. Heard of guys running cam ecu without cams and thought it was alittle agressive.

What kind of map tuning software you use on your Hyper?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The Cams ECU is richer than the already rich Full System ECU I ran the
Cams ECU with the Termi 2 into 1 and Stacks while I was trying to find
a place to get a custom tune and it was not running lean.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I don't have before-and-after maps but going by fuel consumption alone, my bike (running the DP Race ECU) must have been running quite rich before the custom tune. Certainly not lean.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thanks for the response t_bare. I figured it would be crazy rich considering it was 18% fuel increase over stock. My current map is 8%. Heard of guys running cam ecu without cams and thought it was alittle agressive.

What kind of map tuning software you use on your Hyper?

The reason guys were running cams was it was the cheapest way around the closed loop. For the Hyper I use TunerPro. I'll point you to the Tech Forum for the "How To":
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/241-tech-forum/517929-data-logging-mapping-info-questions.html

t_bare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts