Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Another ~11 hours spent at the garage during weekend again and some progress at least. Got the forks back from service on Friday and mounted them on the CNC Racing triples along with Fren Tubo custom red/black brake lines, Brembo HP billet calipers, carbon fender mounts and DP crash pads. Ti fasteners everywhere along with Ti banjo bolts/bleeders and brake pad pins.

Also mounted the handguards/mirrors, headlight, dash, subframe, rear brake (Fren Tubo line, Brembo billet caliper, Ti rotor and caliper bolts) and Fren Tubo Carbotech oil cooler lines. Still waiting for the engine covers from being clear coated. Hoping to get them back this week to make some proper progress next weekend. Still can't mount the air filters and tank before I've mounted the front coil - working on a custom 3D printed bracket to replace the cheap Corse Dynamics clamps. Also waiting for some longer coil terminals to install the NGK plug leads.

The Aviacompositi stuff should arrive on Thursday. Can't wait to see them :) Ordered some more Ti fasteners and hoping they will be all I need for now.

·
Registered
549 Posts
What's not to like? 🙂

·
Registered
380 Posts
The extra weight, cooling system etc :) I'm not into power so 95hp is plenty for me.
You might change your mind once you ride it! I think the regularly achieved 115hp is the perfect amount for the weight. The 145hp of the 1198 mill would be a lot of fun too!

·
Registered
2009 M1100S, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille-R, 2x 1981Guzzi Monzas, IWL Pity, Piaggio Hexagon, PX Vespa
587 Posts
I'm with Jusstus on the this one. 95hp, tons of Torque and Agility make for a great streetbike. The HM is looking really sweet!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Aviacompositi stuff is here :love:

The front and side fairings are off to the painter next.
Oh nice... I have full carbon on my 796 and I know the tail is Aviacompositi because there is a logo relief on the underside (besides nobody else making that tail), I wonder if you can tell me are there any tell tale signs on the other pieces? Would be good to know, cheers. Are you going to weight them against stock pieces? Would love to know that info too haha.

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Oh nice... I have full carbon on my 796 and I know the tail is Aviacompositi because there is a logo relief on the underside (besides nobody else making that tail), I wonder if you can tell me are there any tell tale signs on the other pieces?
They should have an Aviacompositi label on the inside (y) Aviacompositi also makes the front and side panels with integrated inner panels only so if your bike has the OEM removable plastic panels between the side fairing and tank and under the front "beak" they are not made by Aviacompositi.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They should have an Aviacompositi label on the inside (y) Aviacompositi also makes the front and side panels with integrated inner panels only so if your bike has the OEM removable plastic panels between the side fairing and tank and under the front "beak" they are not made by Aviacompositi.
Thanks for the info.

I know you said you don't like the look of carbon, but wouldn't it have been cheaper/easier/faster to get them wrapped and then if you ever sell them you can take them back to carbon?

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I know you said you don't like the look of carbon, but wouldn't it have been cheaper/easier/faster to get them wrapped and then if you ever sell them you can take them back to carbon?
Maybe but I prefer them painted.

Spent yesterday at the garage again. Got the alternator and clutch casings back from being clear coated on Friday and mounted the clutch casing along with the Corse clutch. Mounted the RH rearset and belt covers as well. Ti fasteners all around.

Also fitted the Aviacompositi swingarm cover, hugger, ignition switch cover and front fairing trim piece. Great quality and fitment. Dry fitted the tail and tail light as well. I may rewire the tail light, the Superseal connector is missing the rubber seals and the resistors are pretty huge.

Also wiped the tank with some "bumper black" and it turned out great.

Going to try and fit the crank end bearing and shift axle seal on the alternator cover today so I can fit the cover next weekend. Decided to sell the Corse Dynamics intake kit and ordered a Starace carbon airbox.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Curious to see how that airbox works out since it doesn't appear to have any extra volume. The design reminds me of what we used to do to Monsters:

·
Registered
380 Posts
The EVR box goes to some lengths to gain extra volume, including the little viper extensions around the key switch

vs starace

·
Super Moderator
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Another visit to the garage done and the alternator casing is now sealed up and clutch slave/line and case saver mounted. Still waiting for some Ti screws for the inspection cover.

Yes, the excess sealant was later plucked off :)

Re-wired the Aviacompositi tail light, it looked a bit too rough and the connector was missing the rubber seals for the pins. 3D printed a small case for the resistors, the case will be clamped on a strut on the subframe with another 3D printed part.

Moved the horn inside the front "beak", just had to slightly cut the plastic infill behind the headlight and make an extension for the wiring.

I'm hoping the airbox would arrive next week so I can finally get the tank mounted to make some real progress.

·
Old Fast Guy
517 Posts
…..
Re-wired the Aviacompositi tail light, it looked a bit too rough and the connector was missing the rubber seals for the pins. 3D printed a small case for the resistors, the case will be clamped on a strut on the subframe with another 3D printed part.

……..
I hope that neat-looking box for the resistors doesn't melt. They get mighty hot if the turn signal is on for very long...

41 - 60 of 88 Posts