Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

after six and a half years of owning a 999S (full story here) I wanted a change and did not mind a more relaxed riding position either. I've liked the original Hypermotard since day one but never really looked into buying one. Now was the perfect time to get one and obviously it had to be the EVO SP to get the lighter engine, the all black Marzocchi forks etc. Unfortunately they proved to be hard to find in Europe - here in Finland there is currently only one registered :D I browsed the German, Dutch, Italian and French marketplaces for a while without any real success, the ones I found were either overpriced or had too many miles for my liking.

Eventually a dude on Facebook told me there was one for sale in Belgium. 9800km, 2011, white, 99% original condition (just the Termignoni 2-1 system installed). Luckily the seller spoke perfect English (he works at a Ducati dealer) and was even willing to pack the bike on a pallet for shipping. Long story short, the bike finally arrived in snowy Finland on the 22nd of January. Now the bike has been inspected for registration and I'm waiting for it to be taxed to get a license plate.

Pics by the seller:

Otherwise in pretty much mint condition but the alternator casing has some rock chips which have started corroding due to the cover being magnesium:

I have already purchased a NOS OEM alternator casing and will order the small parts (crank end bearing, shift shaft seal etc.) for it soon. I'll also have it coated with a matte clear coat to protect it from corrosion a bit better.

To match the alternator casing I bought a NOS DP magnesium vented clutch casing with titanium fasteners. I won't be using the included Ti screws though since they are poor quality (ugly manufacturing marks inside heads). Even though the stock clutch casing is the same color as the alternator side it's actually not magnesium so this will provide a small weight saving as well :)

To go with the alternator casing I have a stainless steel case saver and a DP 28mm billet slave. I'm hoping to use the clutch off my 999S, it's a 999F05 Corse four post slipper with Surflex aluminium plates and a carbon RS cover. More on this later...

Some other parts have also arrived - CNC Racing billet triples, CNC Racing billet cam covers, some MaxiCarbon bits, Brembo billet rear caliper (billet front calipers are off the 999S):

Please excuse all the dust in the pics, it's the late winter sun... :ROFLMAO:

To be continued :)

·
Smut peddler
1,117 Posts
The dirty duchess ... I think that's a move @scott invented and perfected in the 80's up in the Tahoe ski resorts. Not all super heros wear capes.😁

Nice ride. I'd love to source some magnesium covers for the DOOMDUC hyper.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I can’t wait to see what you do with this one! Isabella was one of the most well executed builds I have seen. I look forward to seeing your version of a Hyper.

·
Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dirty duchess ... I think that's a move @scott invented and perfected in the 80's up in the Tahoe ski resorts. Not all super heros wear capes.😁
Please don't share, please... :ROFLMAO:

The SC-Project 2-2 GP EVO exhaust with titanium silencers arrived yesterday:

To me this is "the" exhaust for the aircooled Hypers - looks amazing on the Pramac Hypermotard with a Desmo Challenge tail:

Took a couple of months to find, did not see any for sale but managed to find an EVO SP for sale in the Netherlands with this and contacted the seller. He was not too interested in selling it separately at first but then he got a buyer for the bike and he wanted the bike with the stock exhaust... :D After some bargaining he accepted my offer and here we are.

The 2-1 Termignoni is around 1.5kg lighter but I can live with that since I don't like the asymmetric look of the 2-1 systems. The pipes need a good polishing and the silencers don't have decals on them, but there are no dents or major scratches anywhere which is good. I have lambda blanking plugs on the way.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for that exhaust! Looking forward to watching this!

Reactions: jusutus

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Before you mount the new exhaust take the opportunity to remove the ride height adjust and make sure it is not seized while you have clear access to it. I recently fit a 180/60 tire so I needed to lower the rear and found myself removing my exhaust to get to the adjuster. The adjuster was good and seized.

t_bare

·
Registered
2008 HyperMotard 1100S
696 Posts
Great-looking project. You must hate money! :)

Reactions: jusutus

·
Registered
Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP Corse
153 Posts
Before you mount the new exhaust take the opportunity to remove the ride height adjust and make sure it is not seized while you have clear access to it. I recently fit a 180/60 tire so I needed to lower the rear and found myself removing my exhaust to get to the adjuster. The adjuster was good and seized.

t_bare
As was mine, do it now

·
Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Titanium > carbon... Fight me! 😂
I would have preferred the carbon version, but we can't have everything can we :ROFLMAO:

Great-looking project. You must hate money! :)
I do since I don't have even nearly enough to do everything I want :LOL:

Thanks for the heads up @t_bare and @hognhominy, I'll check it out (y)

Visited the garage yesterday to continue the disassembly/cleaning a bit. Didn't get much done, just removed the LH rearset and put it into pieces for thorough cleaning. Dry fitted the heel guards but they won't fit without spacers... I'll draw and 3D print some today. The final ones will be done in aluminium I guess, the PLA filament I use for printing isn't too great when it comes to heat and weather resistance.

Also ran into a problem with the handguards. One of the three holes used for indicator mounting is too big on both guards. There should be a 3.5mm self tapping screw used but the holes are 4mm... Sent the manufacturer a message about both the heel guards and handguards. The mirror covers fit very well, just need to get a new roll of double sided tape to mount them.

Ordered some NGK plug leads a moment ago, will be a nice touch of red on the cylinder heads.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hello everyone,

after six and a half years of owning a 999S (full story here) I wanted a change and did not mind a more relaxed riding position either. I've liked the original Hypermotard since day one but never really looked into buying one. Now was the perfect time to get one and obviously it had to be the EVO SP to get the lighter engine, the all black Marzocchi forks etc. Unfortunately they proved to be hard to find in Europe - here in Finland there is currently only one registered :D I browsed the German, Dutch, Italian and French marketplaces for a while without any real success, the ones I found were either overpriced or had too many miles for my liking.

Eventually a dude on Facebook told me there was one for sale in Belgium. 9800km, 2011, white, 99% original condition (just the Termignoni 2-1 system installed). Luckily the seller spoke perfect English (he works at a Ducati dealer) and was even willing to pack the bike on a pallet for shipping. Long story short, the bike finally arrived in snowy Finland on the 22nd of January. Now the bike has been inspected for registration and I'm waiting for it to be taxed to get a license plate.

Pics by the seller:

Otherwise in pretty much mint condition but the alternator casing has some rock chips which have started corroding due to the cover being magnesium:

I have already purchased a NOS OEM alternator casing and will order the small parts (crank end bearing, shift shaft seal etc.) for it soon. I'll also have it coated with a matte clear coat to protect it from corrosion a bit better.

To match the alternator casing I bought a NOS DP magnesium vented clutch casing with titanium fasteners. I won't be using the included Ti screws though since they are poor quality (ugly manufacturing marks inside heads). Even though the stock clutch casing is the same color as the alternator side it's actually not magnesium so this will provide a small weight saving as well :)

To go with the alternator casing I have a stainless steel case saver and a DP 28mm billet slave. I'm hoping to use the clutch off my 999S, it's a 999F05 Corse four post slipper with Surflex aluminium plates and a carbon RS cover. More on this later...

Some other parts have also arrived - CNC Racing billet triples, CNC Racing billet cam covers, some MaxiCarbon bits, Brembo billet rear caliper (billet front calipers are off the 999S):

Please excuse all the dust in the pics, it's the late winter sun... :ROFLMAO:

To be continued :)
Friggin’ awesome dude. Looks like a sweet acquisition!

·
Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like I'll be returning the MaxiCarbon handguards. There are six holes on both guards and three of them are wrong... Indicator mounting has three self-tapping screws and one of those is too big, the hole is 4mm and the screw is around 3.5mm. On the bracket mount there should be M5 threaded inserts but the ones on the MaxiCarbon parts are M6. Really disappointed. I already ordered some better looking ones from Star-Carbon, they are made from two pieces so the insides look good too. These are single piece so the insides are ugly and there's no similar shroud for the indicator housing as on the stock parts:

I printed some 8mm spacers for the heel guards so they fit now. I will return the mirror covers as well since they may not have the exact same weave/finish as the Star-Carbon parts. Please ignore the generic M8 screws:

·
Registered
300 Posts
will that top clamp accept eccentric nuts to adjust offset? These bikes handle like crap in large part because of the long wheelbase and steep rake.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts