Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,144 Posts
Well Here She is! 2008 HM 1100S with 37K miles. Has a few add ons that im not so sure about which are a MWR Air box, Exhaust and a Power commander. Im assuming it needed the power commander after the install of the Air box and the Exhaust for better fuel mapping.
Nice bike!
The exhaust combo is a great upgrade (MWR Air box, Zard Systemn and a Power commander).

Once I got it home I had a hard time getting it started, it wold just crank and crank so I decided to clean the air filter and replace the spark plugs. That seemed to do the trick but now it sometimes hicups when I am pulling away from a stop and it also sometimes stays at 2500-3K RPM when I come to a stop and so I bring it down to 1500 with the clutch and then its OK again. (doesn't do this at every stop)
If the bike has experienced long exposure to the sun (very likely due to the carbon fiber pieces flaking), there might be cracks in the spark plug cables. This "invisible" condition allows the spark from the coil to jump to the outside part of the engine sometimes, causing engine arrhythmia. I experienced this with mine and the problem disappeared with a new set of magnecor cables.

The power commander did not come with any cables to connect to a computer or anything so I guess im going to need to order some.

So far I’ve riden it about 100 miles and the RPM issues at a stop are my only issues right now.
I’m going to take the power commander off and see where that gets me.
If I were you, I would not mess with the Power Commander just yet. It is very likely the previous owner had it tuned to the Zard system and the MWR air box. So I'd fix everything else first and ride it for a while before trying to replace the current map.

Another issue it has is that the clear on all the carbon fiber pieces are flaking off. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yes, old carbon fiber that had been continuously exposed to UV rays are known to deteriorate like this.
Fortunately, this is not a big problem, because there are still some carbon fiber manufacturers selling HM 1100 parts.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Oliphant44 - I read a post by a fellow Hyper owner about the high idle hang, that they had developed a solution. It was very well thought out and sensible. But for the life of me I can’t find the post after a half dozen searches. Maybe someone else can direct you to it, I know it was this year sometime. Of course I didn’t follow the post :confused:. Congrats on your new bike.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Carbon parts can be sanded back and re-coated with clear.
Friend bought a CF rejuvenation kit off e-bay, and even repaired crash rash with it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
12 year old bike, not ridden the last 6 years.
Bleed port in rear master cylinder was blocked ................... now fixed.
Fuel level light not working. It lights up on pre-ride start up, but not when I'm about to run out of fuel. :poop:
Thermister on order.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts