Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am the guy whos hyper had a cracked frame and motor. I had originally brought the bike in for it 7500mi service when the dealer had brought the issues to my attention. Ducati was great and gave me a new case and frame under warranty(it only took six weeks):mad: So here is my question what does the usual service cost on average. I thought that being that the bike was already taken apart it would save me some money, but they charged me full price. Just curious what others have paid for the service.

·
Registered
68 Posts
?

Delamo Motorsports in SoCal told me it would run $600 + tax for the 7500ml service. How the hell did you crack the frame bro?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
So I am the guy whos hyper had a cracked frame and motor. I had originally brought the bike in for it 7500mi service when the dealer had brought the issues to my attention. Ducati was great and gave me a new case and frame under warranty(it only took six weeks):mad: So here is my question what does the usual service cost on average. I thought that being that the bike was already taken apart it would save me some money, but they charged me full price. Just curious what others have paid for the service.
you didn't really think dna was going to replace a frame and a case for free, did you? :rolleyes:

just for giggles and grins, what did the dealership charge you for the valve inspections/adjustment service?

·
Premium Member
12,321 Posts
Take it easy on him johnchypermotard ...He has been down for 6 weeks remember...
I am interested too

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Take it easy on him johnchypermotard ...He has been down for 6 weeks remember...
I am interested too
hey, as a fellow canuck, i am offended that you think i am breaking his balls on this, eh :rolleyes:

i did include a :rolleyes: in my post ... that means it was a joke, eh :rolleyes:

btw, i too am curious as to what the dealership charged for the service, eh.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I just called Nichols in Milipitas and they quoted $340 for the 7500 Maitenance. If I still have my Hyper thats where I am going :D

http://www.nicholsmfg.com/service.html
and, aside from offering a fair price for this service, nichols provides the best service in the bay area ... this is the ONLY establishment i take my ducs to for service that i cannot do myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello.......is anyone out there?

I'm still hoping to hear how the cracks came about?

·
Premium Member
12,321 Posts
hey, as a fellow canuck, i am offended that you think i am breaking his balls on this, eh :rolleyes:

i did include a :rolleyes: in my post ... that means it was a joke, eh :rolleyes:

btw, i too am curious as to what the dealership charged for the service, eh.
Read yuh loud and clear ...Just was feeling bad for the guy because he was down for so long at the peak time...

And he might have got kicked while he was down by the dealer...

He might be a bit sensitive at this time...

I'm sort of taken back a bit if I offended you ...You wern't really offended were you? ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cracks in the frame were stress cracks, the case on the motor broke where the motor mounts. I have no idea how they happened, it was probably from vibration. Hattar charged me $660.00 for the service, and after i bitched and moaned for an hour with the service tech he took off $40.00.(BFD) When I called them originally they quoted me $650. I am really not pleased with those guys but what can I do. I called DNA and they said they can't do anything about it because they are a private dealership. I guess thats what I get for buying and servicing my bike in Marin County CA:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: They also said the reason that the service is so expensive was the fact that they have to take the tank and a bunch of crap off the bike to get to the valves, so I figured since it was already taken apart it would save me a few bucks, I thought wrong

·
Registered
155 Posts
F*ck Hattar

I mistakenly bought my Hyper from Hattar too, will never do business there again. Sales folk are slimy and wasted two hours of my time instead of getting to the point.

Just from previous posts and reviews Nichols and Desmoto will probably getting all my business in the future.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
offended? no way, hoser :rolleyes:

Read yuh loud and clear ...Just was feeling bad for the guy because he was down for so long at the peak time...

And he might have got kicked while he was down by the dealer...

He might be a bit sensitive at this time...

I'm sort of taken back a bit if I offended you ...You wern't really offended were you? ;)

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I mistakenly bought my Hyper from Hattar too, will never do business there again. Sales folk are slimy and wasted two hours of my time instead of getting to the point.

Just from previous posts and reviews Nichols and Desmoto will probably getting all my business in the future.
agree with you on first point .... have also heard this firsthand from many others here in the bay area.

if you live in the city or north bay/marin ... desmoto-sport are great folks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
adjusted?

The cracks in the frame were stress cracks, the case on the motor broke where the motor mounts. I have no idea how they happened, it was probably from vibration. Hattar charged me $660.00 for the service, and after i bitched and moaned for an hour with the service tech he took off $40.00.(BFD) When I called them originally they quoted me $650. I am really not pleased with those guys but what can I do. I called DNA and they said they can't do anything about it because they are a private dealership. I guess thats what I get for buying and servicing my bike in Marin County CA:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: They also said the reason that the service is so expensive was the fact that they have to take the tank and a bunch of crap off the bike to get to the valves, so I figured since it was already taken apart it would save me a few bucks, I thought wrong
Did they have to adjust the valves or just check them? Has anyone had to actually adjust them yet at the 7500? Mine is due and the Ducati dealer here wants $800. I'm thinking if not one person here has actually had them out of spec I'll do the rest of the service myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They said that they adjusted them, and I am pretty sure they needed to be adjusted because it was idling a little funny before I brought it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts