Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took a quick ride to a friend 20km away. The bike hadn't been started for a month or so but fired up without any problems, no codes. Then I started riding on the highway and the yellow CEL light came on. I had no issues with the bike, it had full power and no weird noises.

after switching the bike off on the emergency lane and starting it back up it worked fine for a few km's and then started throwing the error again. I stopped at a gas station and restarted the bike again and it was fine for the last part of the trip, but it does have me somewhat worried.

I'm thinking that it might be the rear brake light or the flapper valve connector that are short circuiting since I removed both sensors but didn't plug the plugs.

Any idea how I can check for the error code without using DDA or Ducatidiag since I don't have any cables with me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ha die DrinkYoghurt, what is the error code? You can look it up in the dash, see the instructions in the instruktieboek.

Hypermaniacc

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know the code, and I don't have the manual :D

My workshop manual is on my PC unfortunately :(

·
Registered
452 Posts
you are hit with the same CEL gremlins too. I had the same issue as yours. I totally have no idea what to do either.

I flipped the selector switch. No error code at all.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got home and I noticed some strange thing at some point.

My idle would for some reason be around 2000RPM instead of the normal ~1300, that went away after a while though but was worrying. Also, the CEL light sometimes went away but then came back again. I'm gonna hook it up to my laptop to see what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked, it's giving me the following errors:

P0560 System voltage malfunction
P0335 Crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunction
P0351 Ignition coil A primary/secondary circuit malfunction
P0352 Ignition coil A primary/secondary circuit malfunction
P0500 Vehicle speed sensor malfunction

Definately something electrical and not mechanical. Probably some battery issue, will have to check it tomorrow since I don't have any light to work with now. Weird how it didn't give me any errors before I charged the battery. It's not the alternator since the bike has a steady 13,7V when running (which it always has). The 2nd, 3rd and 4th error codes always appeared when my battery connections were loose.

·
Registered
452 Posts
hey, if i removed the servo exhaust motor and replaced it with duc.ee.
Will it help to remove the CEL?

After my PC5 and autotune mod, the CEL problem started.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
First thing to do is check the ground terminal on the battery and make sure it's tight...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.