Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, searched and read heaps of threads and I'm confused! I'm looking at buying a demo hyper 1100 Evo and I'm trying to work out if I should change the exhaust from stock, some things I've read make it sound like the bikes are very compromised in the tune from the factory, is this the general consensus ?

I have to admit that I usually like quieter bikes that attract less attention, but love the sound of the Termi 2 into 1 system but I don't want to loose the midrange torque of the motor, is this a problem with this exhaust ?

If I did change the exhaust I would prefer a plug and play setup, like the DP options give, and have been offered a good deal on the Termi 2 into 1 full system by the dealer.

Thanks for your answers in advance, Rhys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought an 2008 1100S model new in 2010. It was my first Ducati. I was very nervous after owning Hondas all my life. I have to say I was very surprised at how well the bike worked from the factory and the level of fit and finish. I've not changed a thing on the bike and 2 years later I'm still smiling. I can't speak for the newer Hypers but I would just say buy it, ride it, and judge for yourself. Hey if you have the cash, by the Termi. How can you go wrong?
Good luck and happy riding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dan.
Does anyone have info on how, if at all the 2 into 1 changes the torque curve ?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks, Dan.
Does anyone have info on how, if at all the 2 into 1 changes the torque curve ?
If you mod it performance wise (intake, exhaust, etc). You increase torque. If you install race cams or retard the stock cams, you can move the torque up the rpm range.

Just going from stock exhaust to termi 2-1 (requires other changes, ECU, mapping, etc) won't noticeably move the torque curve. (If that is truly your concern)

"Torque" is what this bike is all about. Torque coupled with other factors (weight, handling, looks) is why this is the most fun bike I've ever ridden, let alone owned.

Pic is dyno run from stock exhaust to SC-project 2-1. (graph shows exactly what you wanted to see (only mod was exhaust on this dyno run)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to hear, I agree with you about torque and the Hyper, I love the real world usability of the motor, and didn't want to lose it, thanks for the great reply, Rhys.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Great to hear, I agree with you about torque and the Hyper, I love the real world usability of the motor, and didn't want to lose it, thanks for the great reply, Rhys.
mate a termi kit on the hyper evo or evo sp is worth 2 hp at best,(i have seen 1 dyno sheet here that actually lost 1 hp too) it does not respond like the older bike due to the completely diff ecu and dual 02 sensors depite the new DP ecu in the termi kit

i did an enourmous amount of data gathering from ducati city dyno and bunbry dyno in WA (these are the facts) save your money go another route (TPO beast R stacks and a re-flash) with 02 delete or but the wasp kit with a pcv and have someone tune it up..you will make much more HP and TQ that way ...here is the second map we tried on my evo sp from pro-tune (you will see the afr is out) i have a dyno sheet of the 3rd and final map but it doesn't compare the two like this does, you can see the increase in TQ off the bottom is massive! all the best mate

john

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Johnnie, from what I understand you're saying that one of these intake mods without an exhaust change, properly setup, is what you recommend. I do like the sound of this, is there someone in Melbourne you would recommend to carry out the setup and tuning ? Thanks, Rhys.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Thanks Johnnie, from what I understand you're saying that one of these intake mods without an exhaust change, properly setup, is what you recommend. I do like the sound of this, is there someone in Melbourne you would recommend to carry out the setup and tuning ? Thanks, Rhys.
sure mate, i had a friend in sydney recently just add some basic stacks and a reflash (stock exhaust) he picked up just over 6hp from memory

give steve a call at moto-logic (they are Honda racing oz and a ducati service centre out in campbellfield) tell him crazy john said to call

he was working at ducati city when i modded my hyper

sorry i dont have there number handy...i would either use TPO bears R stacks (dont use smaller ones) or the MWR filter lid (they distribute MWR) personally i would go the stacks and a tune, you'll be lauging yourself silly! with the wheelies (i can send you TPO's info if you wish too ok

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
242 Posts
Hi all, searched and read heaps of threads and I'm confused! I'm looking at buying a demo hyper 1100 Evo and I'm trying to work out if I should change the exhaust from stock, some things I've read make it sound like the bikes are very compromised in the tune from the factory, is this the general consensus ?

I have to admit that I usually like quieter bikes that attract less attention, but love the sound of the Termi 2 into 1 system but I don't want to loose the midrange torque of the motor, is this a problem with this exhaust ?

If I did change the exhaust I would prefer a plug and play setup, like the DP options give, and have been offered a good deal on the Termi 2 into 1 full system by the dealer.

Thanks for your answers in advance, Rhys.
The intake is far too restrictive as well as the stock pipes. You replace those with a power commander and tune and it’s a completely different bike. 12 evo sp 1100. I thought it was slow as balls before then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts