Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand how the ABS settings work on the SP. I've heard that on Race mode, ABS in the rear is disabled. I've also heard on ABS 1, it's disabled as well. Now, obviously out of the factory, Race mode is ABS 1. Can anyone verify how it works? I could go test for myself, but I'd rather not unnecessarily wear down that $200 rear tire :p

Also, is ABS 2 more intrusive on the front than ABS 1, or does it only change the rear?

On a completely different note, is the SP's ECU tuned differently? The bike seems to be touchier and have noticeably more pickup than my first, base 821. Or is this feeling simply due to the reduced weight?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Regardless of ride mode...
ABS 1: front wheel only
ABS 2: front and rear wheels, minimal intervention
ABS 3: front and rear wheels, maximum intervention

·
Registered
52 Posts
ABS 2 and 3: Much more intrusive, as soon as the bike senses some lift of the rear, ABS engages on the front. I've found even if the rear was far from lifting the ABS engages.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I figured it was independent of ride mode.

Wow, I didn't even know there were 3 levels of ABS. I thought there was off, 1, & 2 like the base 821. Guess I may want to RTFM :rolleyes:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks guys. I figured it was independent of ride mode.

Wow, I didn't even know there were 3 levels of ABS. I thought there was off, 1, & 2 like the base 821. Guess I may want to RTFM :rolleyes:
haha good reminder. I have not yet read the manual even though I have had the bike for almost a year. Not even sure my clock is set!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts