Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G,day all , another aussie just pondering on buying one of these hypermotards.Took one out last saturday for test ride and loved it even though it was only a short trip, that was my first mistake as now smitten .
Questions. 1.Has anyone regretted buying one after owning? 2. Does 13 grand (aussie dollars ) seem reasonable for 08 bike with 11,000 klm on clock seem ok?
Will have to trade fz1 to get this and dont want to be dissapointed later on.
Thanks all , never owned a duke before.
cheers

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bare in mind that at 12,000km its due for its first real service.

I parted ways with a z1000 and GSXR1000 and love mine to bits

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that it has had the 12000k service and aparently new pads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done deal , pick up saturday. thanks all for your input.
Best xmas presents are the ones you buy yourself.:)

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
Done deal , pick up saturday. thanks all for your input.
Best xmas presents are the ones you buy yourself.:)
Congratulations - that is very exciting. I gave myself a bike for Christmas in 2000. My 748.

I think I should get another bike for Christmas this year - hmmmm. Might be time to drop some hints.

·
Registered
12 Posts
go for it

wise choice mate, I too am a first time duc owner, upgraded from the Hyosung (sorry bit of an underestimate). Since picking up an 08 model 4 weeks ago have clocked up 3500 k and the smile gets wider every time I turn the smile dial.
That first test ride just reels you in and whamo your bit.
13 grand + 11000k = a bargain

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
new hypo

After spending a mear $13,000, i mean did you put a gun to his head ?

lgnore the duke long services if you can afford it change oil it every 3000 to 4000 ks

So many parts around to make these bike even better.

l still laugh every time some old bloke tells me mate that bike looks unreal but its got a hell of a bad rattle

are he knows not the mating call of the open case clutch

shanetbird

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I,m happy with the hyper , wish it would stop raining been soaked a few times in recent days. Cant complain though and rain hasent washed the smile from my dial.
Seat is shall we say firm , looking to get the gel filled one sooner rather than later. Back brake isnt too good either, was told that they never are!! . not sure what to make of that comment.
A few other mods are in mind aswell. maybe increase handle bar height abit , tail tidy, rear hugger thing that stops road grime from hitting the rear suspension unit , the short wind stopper for front might be an idea too.
:)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I,m happy with the hyper , wish it would stop raining been soaked a few times in recent days. Cant complain though and rain hasent washed the smile from my dial.
Seat is shall we say firm , looking to get the gel filled one sooner rather than later. Back brake isnt too good either, was told that they never are!! . not sure what to make of that comment.
A few other mods are in mind aswell. maybe increase handle bar height abit , tail tidy, rear hugger thing that stops road grime from hitting the rear suspension unit , the short wind stopper for front might be an idea too.
:)
I have 2 OEM seats and plan to retrim one with gel and alacantara

1 - 13 of 13 Posts