Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new SWAT foot pegs in. Any chance anyone could give me some help on removing the stock. It looks like just a pin with a spring??? does it need to just be knocked out??? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much,
Jeremy

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yes its just a spring, remove the c clip on one end and push out the shaft. They go back together pretty easy.

Edit: if you are having problems, When I did my pegs I had the peg mounts off the bike possibly making it easier? I never tried doing this with parts still attached to the bike

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I had to remove the clutch cover to pull the right side pin. I have a Speedymoto cover and it just wouldn't clear. Don't know if it's an issue with other covers.

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
Mine came out OK, without any issues or interference. A slight tap, and the pin was out.
If I recall....there was a circlip....For that....a set of circlip pliers is very handy (they work in reverse, jaws open when handles are squeezed and have two tabs for spreading the circlip open).
I mounted the shift-tech black pegs, and I now have more room for my Revit boots (extra adjustments did the trick).

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to remove the clutch cover as well. Pin wouldn't clear. Other than that, pretty straightforward...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the help guys! really appreciate it. il let you guys know how it goes today.

-Jeremy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts