Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, is there any essential differences between the EVO models and the earlier models? Could I, for example, fit an exhaust system listed as fitting a 2007 Hyper 1100 to a 2011 Hyper EVO?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had both....you can but the o2 sensor on the lower pipe is very close to the rh footpeg. I did this on my evo with a set of mivv headers from the gen1.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. So there's nothing physically different between the two to prevent mounting, I was thinking different diameter headers, that sort of thing.

·
1st Gen Hypermotard Hooligan
992 Posts
Guys, is there any essential differences between the EVO models and the earlier models?
Yes there is. Google the models to compare.

Could I, for example, fit an exhaust system listed as fitting a 2007 Hyper 1100 to a 2011 Hyper EVO?
Yes, that would work.

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
247 Posts
Thanks. So there's nothing physically different between the two to prevent mounting, I was thinking different diameter headers, that sort of thing.
If you’re going to upgrade the suspension, change to carbon fiber parts, and do some motor work, then you probably won’t notice the difference. I have an evo sp and it allowed me to skip a lot of upgrades. Comes with a lot of carbon fiber, great suspension, tiny bit faster than type s, and brakes great. Also depending on year comes with oversized oil cooler.

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you’re going to upgrade the suspension, change to carbon fiber parts, and do some motor work, then you probably won’t notice the difference. I have an evo sp and it allowed me to skip a lot of upgrades. Comes with a lot of carbon fiber, great suspension, tiny bit faster than type s, and brakes great. Also depending on year comes with oversized oil cooler.

lol Appreciate the reply, but the Hyper is long gone, this is how it ended up though:

20181108_110910 by satansfist, on Flickr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts