Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I read just about every post i could find on the infamous "Flapper". There wasn't much pertaining to the 939 models, so i went off the info for the 821 models. While I was putting my new exhaust on I just unhooked the cable and the flapper itself and let it dangle. cycled the key a few times and there was no light. Drove around town and after about 15 mi the engine light came in. Damnit.... oh well. I went home and hooked the cable back up, and rode it a while longer only to realize that the light doesn't turn off.:frown2: took the exhaust back off and drilled out the flapper screws while i was in there so it thinks the mechanism is in tact. The dealer is 5 hours away from me, so i was a little bummed out.

For some reason I thought it would be worth while to plug in my flash tablet from my Diavel, Shiv @ open flash performance spent some time tuning the Diavel and sells a nice simple little tablet. Last year he updated mine to enable it to turn off the oil service light, low and behold it's able to turn off an engine light also. :yeah: . For any of you guys that live in the middle of nowhere, you might look into this product. It has the framework to allow full custom tuning and diagnostic for multiple Ducati models, If only I can convince him to make a nice map for my hyper. My final opinion is that taking the flap out does make for a better riding bike at low RPM's. I have to creep out of the subdivision that I live in, so it's nice not to have the bucking and surging. This bike and also my Diavel, DO NOT like low rpm riding at all. and as a plus it sounds better.

·
Registered
946 Posts
You mind showing us some pics of the openflash interface and what it can do?

I made a custom tune for my hyper - can run down to 2000RPM now and it's really smooth. Took a long time to do all the data logging and testing but totally worth it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So, I read just about every post i could find on the infamous "Flapper". There wasn't much pertaining to the 939 models, so i went off the info for the 821 models. While I was putting my new exhaust on I just unhooked the cable and the flapper itself and let it dangle. cycled the key a few times and there was no light. Drove around town and after about 15 mi the engine light came in. Damnit.... oh well. I went home and hooked the cable back up, and rode it a while longer only to realize that the light doesn't turn off.:frown2: took the exhaust back off and drilled out the flapper screws while i was in there so it thinks the mechanism is in tact. The dealer is 5 hours away from me, so i was a little bummed out.

For some reason I thought it would be worth while to plug in my flash tablet from my Diavel, Shiv @ open flash performance spent some time tuning the Diavel and sells a nice simple little tablet. Last year he updated mine to enable it to turn off the oil service light, low and behold it's able to turn off an engine light also. :yeah: . For any of you guys that live in the middle of nowhere, you might look into this product. It has the framework to allow full custom tuning and diagnostic for multiple Ducati models, If only I can convince him to make a nice map for my hyper. My final opinion is that taking the flap out does make for a better riding bike at low RPM's. I have to creep out of the subdivision that I live in, so it's nice not to have the bucking and surging. This bike and also my Diavel, DO NOT like low rpm riding at all. and as a plus it sounds better.

This open flash performance "tablet" - OFT+OFH2 Combo Package - OpenFlash PerformanceOpenFlash Performance - looks like the Rexxer Evo, not like, it looks exactly as the Evo.
Maybe it's the same ?

821 does not bring yellow light when disabling exhaust flapper, 939 does.
I have installed Healtech ES eliminator and this prohibits the yellow light on the 939 also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts