Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not had any major issues with mine. It stalled 1 time while coming to a stop when riding in some elevation. And my gas cap makes a weird sound every now and then from pressure (which I believe is common, but maybe not normal) but I keep hearing there are a lot of problems out there. I assume dealers are covering the issues under warranty? What issues have you had and what was the outcome.

I have heard of:
- stalling issues
- chain o rings wearing out
- console failing
- error messages
- kinked fuel lines

Just trying to get ahead of the game in case I run into Any of these down the road.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
No real issues on mine so far, have it it stall a few times but I think it was operator error:confused: and not an issue with the bike..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to hear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had my SP 3 months (6000 Km's), warranty claim on stock exhaust due to poor welds, RBW failure twice and front forks are currently being replaced due to damping failure in both fork legs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had my SP 3 months (6000 Km's), warranty claim on stock exhaust due to poor welds, RBW failure twice and front forks are currently being replaced due to damping failure in both fork legs.
RBW? Wow the Marzocchi forks failed. Crazy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
RBW = ride by wire.
Dealer had spoken to the warranty guys at Ducati in Italy, and apparently I'm this first guy on the planet to have to warranty the forks, and here's hoping for the rest of you guys, the last.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well. Sounds like they are taking care of it for you. What happened with RBW? Just stopped working? Stuck?

·
Registered
17 Posts
when the RBW failed dropped to about 10% power, if that, didnt have enough power to rev past 6k. Error logs both times pointed to the RBW, but Ducati wont warranty any hardware changes unless mechanic can recreate problem. So far he has been unable to do so. FYI the RBW seemed to reset after turning the bike off and restarting, back to full power.

·
Registered
65 Posts
when the RBW failed dropped to about 10% power, if that, didnt have enough power to rev past 6k. Error logs both times pointed to the RBW, but Ducati wont warranty any hardware changes unless mechanic can recreate problem. So far he has been unable to do so. FYI the RBW seemed to reset after turning the bike off and restarting, back to full power.
My wife's strada did the same thing. Mechanic experienced it too, said it was a known problem and Updated ECU, so far so good...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have 3000 miles on my sp. right side fork was replaced 500 miles ago. Clutch cable snapped 20 miles ago. Beverly Hills Ducati has been really good about taking care of me though!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I´ve also had this happen to me a couple of times. Turn off and back on, no problem. Ducati won´t warranty this even though it shows in the error log? Cheap a$$ italians!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mine stalled a couple of times coasting to a stop. Ducati has an upgraded ECU map for this. My dealer mapped mine and it seems to be cured.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My bike was stalling too and dealer uploaded the latest map but my bike still stalls - time to remove evap canister I guess. Also, wanted to ask this, how does the failed front fork feel like? Mine is pretty rough over the bumps, like it's not compressing any.

·
270 Posts
I have not had any major issues with mine. It stalled 1 time while coming to a stop when riding in some elevation. And my gas cap makes a weird sound every now and then from pressure (which I believe is common, but maybe not normal) but I keep hearing there are a lot of problems out there. I assume dealers are covering the issues under warranty? What issues have you had and what was the outcome.

I have heard of:
- stalling issues
- chain o rings wearing out
- console failing
- error messages
- kinked fuel lines

Just trying to get ahead of the game in case I run into Any of these down the road.

Because of the evap canister, the tank gets pressurized. It's because of vacuum lines back to the motor to be burned off. I have had the stalling issue a multitude of times. Random shutoff when it was hot out or at a stop light. I removed the canister and all those problems went away. Plugged the vacuum line with a screw and silicone and extended the fuel line below the bike with the atmosphere hose and a 1/4 inch nylon coupler with clamps. Solved laggy throttle, stalling and multiple cycle starts. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the ground wire for the kickstand seems to wobble loose a bit which is very annoying

not a fan of the false neutrals at 5th and 6th either

·
Registered
279 Posts
Issue I just started having for a week, maybe 20 minutes into riding an error message will flash then go away but my rpm is limited to 6k. Can still shift and ride but revs will stop at exactly 6k. Turn off bike then back on it works fine. Does it almost every other day, but since error message just flashes quickly and is gone, it doesn't show up on the error menu.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts