Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Chasing a good luggage rack or rear pannier option that doesn't impede on pillion space. The kicker; must work with an aftermarket exhaust! I have a Zard setup, see image below.

From what I've seen and read on here, both the Ventura and C-Bow systems both look perfect, but both utilise the standard exhaust bolts. Is that correct?

Ventura: https://www.ventura-mca.com/Hypermotard-1100
C-Bow: http://www.motomachines.com/C-Bow--Ducati-Hypermotard-796-1100-Evo-SP_p_765.html

I'd like a DP luggage rack, but can't find one.

Sorry, I know this has been covered before but I've read all the threads I could find and nothing has given me the answers I need.

Thanks in advance.

Dane

Attachments

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,213 Posts
From what I've seen and read on here, both the Ventura and C-Bow systems both look perfect, but both utilise the standard exhaust bolts. Is that correct?

C-Bow: C-Bow - Ducati Hypermotard 796 / 1100 Evo / SP
I can confirm that the C-Bow is designed to be mounted on the stock exhaust. That is the one I use.

It works for me because I cored my stock cans instead of installing a slip-on.

BTW: Your Zard looks amazing!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can confirm that the C-Bow is designed to be mounted on the stock exhaust. That is the one I use.

It works for me because I cored my stock cans instead of installing a slip-on.

BTW: Your Zard looks amazing!
Thanks for the confirmation mate. Was hoping that wasn't the case, but expected it might be.

Love the Zards! They're bloody loud, and make finding a luggage rack seemingly impossible, but they look awesome >:)

Do the C-Bow's utilise mounts on the standard exhaust?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome!

Congrats on the 1100 hyper! I've got an '09 1100S and have made a custom tail mount for a Givi monolock system; would also work for the monokey type as well.

Not sure if you want panniers AND tail/luggage but, I also have a massive 46L top case which holds two full sized helmets plus tools - I've only used it once - and that's more than enough storage for me. I use the 30L for my daily romp to and from work and through the twisties carrying tools, gear, etc.

My mount will work with either the stock or aftermarket exhaust systems since it utilizes the upper tail fairing and brake light bracket and has carried loads of 15 lbs. avg. without even breaking a sweat and still allows ample space for a pillion or additional pack just in front of it.

I've attached some pics; please excuse the mess and the dirty hyper - she is lovingly ridden daily and wears it as a badge of pride. She flaunts the dirt, puddle juice and bug guts in the face of the poseurs posted at the local "cafe" while howling past on her hind leg
>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like a really good solution mate, thanks for sharing!

Does it impede on the pillion area at all? I'm 6'4" so need to ensure I have maximum room for a pillion behind me. Would be nice to be able to utilise the top case as a back rest though and from what I've seen you can option the top cases with a rest on them.

Also, does it mount in place of the rear top fairing above the brake light, and if so is it pretty quick and easy to remove if you wanted to?

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes.

The stock exhaust has threaded holes beneath that were used for the stock license plate holder. The C-Bow bracket is designed to fit on them.

Bugger...thanks for confirming. Shame :(

·
Registered
258 Posts
That looks like a really good solution mate, thanks for sharing!

Does it impede on the pillion area at all? I'm 6'4" so need to ensure I have maximum room for a pillion behind me. Would be nice to be able to utilise the top case as a back rest though and from what I've seen you can option the top cases with a rest on them.

Also, does it mount in place of the rear top fairing above the brake light, and if so is it pretty quick and easy to remove if you wanted to?

Cheers!

It doesn't impede pillion seating; I'm still able to remove my seat with the case installed. The access was important as was room for pillion.
My 46L case actually has the back pad installed but, with the weight limits of the mounting surface, I recommend your pillion take a good romantic grip on you vs relaxing on the case.

I removed the tail fairing and mounted the base on top. It's a rather sturdy piece of plastic but plastic nonetheless which doesn't have level of strength as metal.

I was hunting high and low for a givi trekker system but I kept in mind this is a hyper not a 1200gs or multi so I made my own with what I had.

The case is removable and takes one second; the base takes a few minutes. I used several bolts which go through the tail and clamp underneath like a sandwich.

This rig will last as long as I heed weight restrictions. It will hold 40-50 lbs easily but I MUST RIDE SLOWLY in order to avoid magnified forces from inertia. My daily load is about 15lbs which includes work gear, toolkit, work gloves etc.
with that weight, I ride the hyper the way Ducati intended...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It doesn't impede pillion seating; I'm still able to remove my seat with the case installed. The access was important as was room for pillion.
My 46L case actually has the back pad installed but, with the weight limits of the mounting surface, I recommend your pillion take a good romantic grip on you vs relaxing on the case.

I removed the tail fairing and mounted the base on top. It's a rather sturdy piece of plastic but plastic nonetheless which doesn't have level of strength as metal.

I was hunting high and low for a givi trekker system but I kept in mind this is a hyper not a 1200gs or multi so I made my own with what I had.

The case is removable and takes one second; the base takes a few minutes. I used several bolts which go through the tail and clamp underneath like a sandwich.

This rig will last as long as I heed weight restrictions. It will hold 40-50 lbs easily but I MUST RIDE SLOWLY in order to avoid magnified forces from inertia. My daily load is about 15lbs which includes work gear, toolkit, work gloves etc.
with that weight, I ride the hyper the way Ducati intended...
That's awesome mate, sounds like it could be a brilliant option. Best I've seen!

Would you be interested in making another at all? :grin2:

·
Registered
155 Posts
[Would you be interested in making another at all? :grin2:[/QUOTE]

+1 I may be interested as well...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I may be inclined to assist. For those of you interested, please pm me a direct email; I'd rather not publicly post my personal email for the entire spam robot nation. Lol

Happy riding!!!

Blu'

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may be inclined to assist. For those of you interested, please pm me a direct email; I'd rather not publicly post my personal email for the entire spam robot nation. Lol

Happy riding!!!

Blu'
Legend! PM sent :grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts