Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

In my quest for a tank bag/map window, none of the third party tank bags really grabbed me as much as the Ducati tank bags did. I really liked the bigger Ducati tank bag but didn't want to completely cover the tank. I also really like the smaller Ducati tank bag because its base didn't entirely cover the tank but wanted more storage capacity and didn't like the magnet attachments...

I started with this used bag with a repaired clip that I bought from a fellow forum member here...

In the course of my GT travels on the wonderful twisties in the vicinity of Vernonia between Portland and the Oregon coast I stumbled upon a saddlery/leather shop after a lunch break in Vernonia and some ideas came to mind...

To make a long story shorter, I asked the proprietor to do the following with the bag:

-take out the seams and remove the two outer panels on each side so it resembles the pictures here.

-relocate the two rear bra-frame attachment straps inward and upward.

-attaching a single rear bag-bra attachment buckle/clip in the middle (along centerline of tank) of the tank bra.

-attach a corresponding single rear bag-bra attachment bucket/clip to the center of the rear of the tank bag.

Now I have this:

Now for a bonus question, what can I do with the salvaged side panels with the Ducati logos?

On a side note, as I type this I'm still smiling from a great day of riding along the Oregon coast and winding through the hills and along the rivers as I took the long and fun way to Vernonia to pick the bag up this afternoon :)

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sew them together add in a zipper for a tool pouch?
I like that idea... Now you got me thinking about other useful things I may be able to make with them, thanks.

These are the panels I'm talking about if that may help with ideas...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts