Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
It's been quite some time since the members affected the most in this thread have been able to give any updates.

Just wanted all of you to know you haven't been forgotten. Hope you are all well and doing far better than before.....sean
Thanks for checking in! My wife and I are moving along with stuff; still got a decent amount of stuff to do to the house but it's almost all exterior stuff now. The interior is mostly finished (minus some kitchen finishing stuff). It's a nightmare trying to find good work around here though; we've been through our GC since we were doing most of the general contractor stuff ourselves and the folks who can 'work on the house right now' are definitely not the folks you want doing work, haha.

The area itself is coming back slowly, a ton of more places are open but housing is still in a major shortage. Hopefully in the next 4-6 months we'll be getting more apartments open since right now most businesses are hurting for employees.

Tyndall is stalled on rebuilding right now but we're hoping it starts back up soon once some funding passes; if we lose Tyndall it'll be super bad here for the economy; probably will be looking to move away at that point. The Navy Base fared much better but still needs some work but at least almost every building is back open again.

The beach area is pretty much back to normal; tons of tourists and events going on so luckily life goes on, haha.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pretty much what theapp said. I've done almost all the interior work on the house, and am laying floors now. Windows and doors were FINALLY delivered this week, and the GC says he'll be here week after 4th of July to install, and do all the stucco and exterior paint. That will get us to 100%, and the mortgage company will release our remaining funds. That'll pay for new sod, and then we'll be finished.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
Glad to see you guys are moving on along with getting life back to some sense of normalcy. Seems like everyday at work someone says something about Tyndall and I'm reminded that you guys aren't back to 100% yet. There are two of us in my new office who were stationed at Tyndall. The other guy was just there a year ago....check back in as often as you can.....sean

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Whelp, when it rains, it pours. Rode the MTS over to the east coast two weeks ago for my grandma's funeral, and on the way home the amber check engine idiot light came on. I was an 1 1/2 hrs passed Orange Park on I-10, and didn't make it to Tallahassee Ducati before closing, so haven't solved that riddle yet.
Then, the windows and doors were installed, and only two windows will have to be replaced (one cracked, the other has a badly warped frame), and the slider back door has locks installed backwards at the factory. That was after his subs started tearing out the window trim at my neighbor's house four houses down, before he arrived to stop them. My wife only cried all weekend after the new floors I installed were trashed in the living room. It was a fun weekend, in a wrist slitting kind of way.
Would like to hear someone else's (preferably) happy story...Or a funny story...please, some happiness in this hot, humid, hell...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
Maaaan......that royally sucks. I wish I had a funny story to share....I do have a happy one though...just got home from vacation in Monterey yesterday.

Got to watch WSBK races as well as MotoA support races. Went to Ducati Island and bumped into a few members I already knew. Had a great time. Back to the grind tomorrow. Still....no where near enough to bring a smile to your face I'm sure.........sean

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I didn't like working with contractors before but it's a whole new experience going through this now, decidedly worse than pre hurricane.

I will say I did receive the last piece of my 998R paint refresh yesterday, a Corsa Garage carbon tail, painted to match OEM (my bike only came with the race tail, no light cutouts). Finally got it all back together, freshly refinished / repaired side panels from first owner, mirrors, nose fairing and now a street tail. Brought it to work this morning and it felt super nice to ride it again. Looking forward to getting it somewhere to take a couple of decent pics.

Now I have a spare race tail to hang up in my office somewhere as a decoration...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts