Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody live near Huntsville, AL? I'm potentially traveling for work in September or October and had a couple of questions.

Is the weather in that time of year good riding weather?

Are there some good rides in the area somebody could share the route for?

I'd like to ride the MTS up there and do some riding but not familiar with the area at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was just in Huntsville two weekends in a row (daughter attended SpaceCamp), but unfortunately driving the truck. However, I found a few nice roads, especially in and out of the state park on the east side of town, up the hill. I know there are some great roads around the Birmingham area (rt25 is a blast), as I've been up there a few times to Barber for races. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you take the MTS up there.
Would like to hear about your exploits if you do take the bike!
Cheers!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Anybody live near Huntsville, AL? I'm potentially traveling for work in September or October and had a couple of questions.

Is the weather in that time of year good riding weather?

I'd like to ride the MTS up there and do some riding but not familiar with the area at all.
I live in Atlanta but Huntsville is very close, so the weather is most likely very similar that time of the year. It can change drastically from day-to-day but it is usually mild here that time of the year, which makes for decent riding during the day but can get cold once the sun starts heading down. If your coming all the way up to Huntsville from Florida, you might want to head on up to Eastern Tennessee-Western North Carolina one day. It is about 4 hours away but well worth it to get to Cherohala Skyway, Tellico Plains, TN area. I do not know of any places around Huntsville but I am sure there are probably some nices rides in and around that area as well.

mf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts