Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Recently test rode a 2020 Pikes Peak, with full Termi exhaust and absolutely loved the bike -- especially coming from a Diavel.....but the price was quite staggering. With the dealer installed full exhaust, tail tidy, taxes, fees (many), etc. out the door they are asking 29,500.

Which...brings me to the question(s).

I've been searching around (cycletrader, etc.) for a used DVT to 1260 Pikes Peak and it seems like really slim pickings online. I'm guessing this it time of year, COVID, etc. induced? Or is this normal for PP's?

I was told holding off for the V4 platform to drop in the Multi next year, as many people will want to upgrade and sell their current bikes, but that's a long ways out.

Any thoughts, suggestions on DVT vs 1260 for my first PP, or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Don’t know where you are located but there are two dealers in the NY area that have the 2019 Pikes Peak Multistradas for under 20k. One of them is already sold:cool:.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ducati Detroit has a used one with 2K miles for around 18k. Comes with top box and tank bag.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Don’t know where you are located but there are two dealers in the NY area that have the 2019 Pikes Peak Multistradas for under 20k. One of them is already sold:cool:.
Cali, but I'd do shipping. I called on one that was 'below' 19K, but that was of course before all the extra setup, service, added 'feature's.

Personally I'd prefer to do it private sale and avoid the dealership additions, which is why I posed the question on inventory / availability....

Or it's just the PP's are so great, nobody wants to get rid of them ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Saw about 2 months ago a dealer in Utah with a 2019 (or 18) with around 500 miles on the clock + top box for around 15K. Didn't pull the trigger because shipping from UT to South FL made the total price not competitive. Will see if I can find it again and send you the link.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just did a quick search on Cycletrader.com, the one in UT is no longer on the site so I believe it's sold, but found a few 1260S' close to you (in NV, OK and CA) at a very interesting price. Of course you'll likely need to add dealer fee + freight + setup + tax but I can imagine an OTD price around the $17K. For a brand new bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw about 2 months ago a dealer in Utah with a 2019 (or 18) with around 500 miles on the clock + top box for around 15K. Didn't pull the trigger because shipping from UT to South FL made the total price not competitive. Will see if I can find it again and send you the link.
Awesome -- thank you.

I'm guessing with that data point, it's something is just up with the market (covid, Italy not producing, everyone waiting for the v4, new season of riding starting) and the market is just 'dry' right now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just did a quick search on Cycletrader.com, the one in UT is no longer on the site so I believe it's sold, but found a few 1260S' close to you (in NV, OK and CA) at a very interesting price. Of course you'll likely need to add dealer fee + freight + setup + tax but I can imagine an OTD price around the $17K. For a brand new bike.
17 for a new 1260 Pikes Peak?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Add "leftover" to your list, those are 2019's, we're almost in june...... it's the same identical bike as the 2020, but with the 20's on the ground dealers need to discount the 19's if they ever want to sell them.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Not to discourage you or sway you off your path but the 1260 Multistrada Pikes Peak is the last of the breed. IMHO, the Multistrada Pikes Peek edition will not be offered in a V4 configuration as It has been superseded by the Streetfighter V4.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to discourage you or sway you off your path but the 1260 Multistrada Pikes Peak is the last of the breed. IMHO, the Multistrada Pikes Peek edition will not be offered in a V4 configuration as It has been superseded by the Streetfighter V4.
Interesting -- of all the Multi's I would have guessed the Pikes Peak would be THE on for the v4 platform, since it's their more race / sport centric model.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Interesting -- of all the Multi's I would have guessed the Pikes Peak would be THE on for the v4 platform, since it's their more race / sport centric model.
The whole Pikes Peak branding has been a disaster for Carlin Dunne (RIP), Ducati and the Motorcycle "Race To The Clouds" in general.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The whole Pikes Peak branding has been a disaster for Carlin Dunne (RIP), Ducati and the Motorcycle "Race To The Clouds" in general.
Makes sense....and Carlin was lost on the V4 Streetfighter...

For those who have ventured to the bottom of this thread, I'd still be curious on the feedback from everyone of DVT vs 1260, as my first Multi.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Makes sense....and Carlin was lost on the V4 Streetfighter...

For those who have ventured to the bottom of this thread, I'd still be curious on the feedback from everyone of DVT vs 1260, as my first Multi.
I had an interesting discussion on this very topic with my Ducati tech this morning.
I was in for service and we started chatting about the Pikes Peak edition that it may be the last of breed, Bla Bla Bla.
He's been around Ducati for a long time and he thinks (just a best guess, total conjecture) that Ducati may launch a commemorative edition of the Pikes Peak Streetfighter. They've done commemorative editions previously with Senna and others.
Let's see what Ducati does for 2021.

About your question: Without a Rapidbike unit, the 1260 is smoother and more powerful than the 1200. The Rapidbike fuel controller is a big equalizer. The 1260 has a quick shifter as OEM. Both are DVT btw.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About your question: Without a Rapidbike unit, the 1260 is smoother and more powerful than the 1200. The Rapidbike fuel controller is a big equalizer. The 1260 has a quick shifter as OEM. Both are DVT btw.
Thanks! Yes, the quick shifter was nice. I'll be curious to see how everyone fairs with the rapidbike on the 1260's and what other upgrades become the standard recommendations.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thanks! Yes, the quick shifter was nice. I'll be curious to see how everyone fairs with the rapidbike on the 1260's and what other upgrades become the standard recommendations.
The Rapidbike on a 1260 will add a few hp's and ft-lbs but not as much as it has on a 1200.
The stock fuel map is much improved on the 1260 over the 1200.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I had a 12 pp and now a 16 pp, even though the dvt is a fantastic bike i still like the 12 better as far as everything except for the looks.
$.02!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts