Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I initially thought the remap was 75% effective...but the way bike has been acting the last couple of times that I've ridden it, I wonder if they actually did the reflash...:confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had mine reflashed by Fast by Ferracci - I picked it up yesterday. My impression is that the bike runs noticeably better from 3-4,000 rpm's, but is still horrible off idle. Around 2-3,000 still surges like it's lean. It is marginally improved in my opinion. I have a full Termi system on order - if that does not improve the drivability, I will be pretty disappointed with Ducati and will have to find some aftermarket tuning alternative. This is my first Duc and my first motorcycle to have to go back to the dealer within the first 150 miles.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My impression is that the bike runs noticeably better from 3-4,000 rpm's, but is still horrible off idle. Around 2-3,000 still surges like it's lean. It is marginally improved in my opinion.
Pretty much describes how mine runs with the remap...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I had mine reflashed by Fast by Ferracci - I picked it up yesterday. My impression is that the bike runs noticeably better from 3-4,000 rpm's, but is still horrible off idle. Around 2-3,000 still surges like it's lean. It is marginally improved in my opinion. I have a full Termi system on order - if that does not improve the drivability, I will be pretty disappointed with Ducati and will have to find some aftermarket tuning alternative. This is my first Duc and my first motorcycle to have to go back to the dealer within the first 150 miles.
I picked mine up today and WOW! Worlds better. Not even the same motorcycle. As someone else stated in another thread, if I did not know this was a problem before riding my bike today, I would not have noticed any issue. I was just thinking earlier how impressed I'm am with Ducati for addressing this so quickly. I've been harsh in some of my comments towards Ducati on this issue but they stepped up and made it much better and I'm really impressed. Oh I also had a 14t sprocket added at the same time so I don't know if this helped but it is a fantastic upgrade and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I initially thought the remap was 75% effective...but the way bike has been acting the last couple of times that I've ridden it, I wonder if they actually did the reflash...:confused:
I had mine remapped yesterday down in New Orleans. Its 100% fixed, smooth as silk below 4K with no hint of hesitation. Rode it all day yesterday as it felt like a new bike so I am very happy. They did leave the TPS fix they applied before as the combination of that and the remap were better than the remap alone (a few test rides proved this).

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had mine remapped yesterday down in New Orleans. Its 100% fixed, smooth as silk below 4K with no hint of hesitation. Rode it all day yesterday as it felt like a new bike so I am very happy. They did leave the TPS fix they applied before as the combination of that and the remap were better than the remap alone (a few test rides proved this).
I believe you mentioned the TPS fix in one of your other posts on a similar thread. Anyway you can find out what they and then share it with the rest of the people on the forum? You never know, you could become the hero. :D
Ken

·
Registered
465 Posts
I believe you mentioned the TPS fix in one of your other posts on a similar thread. Anyway you can find out what they and then share it with the rest of the people on the forum? You never know, you could become the hero. :D
Ken
My dealer did the TPS as well. They did it early on as a partial fix but with the new map its near perfect. I believe its the Throttle Position Sensor?????

My dealer said it needed to be sync'd. Whatever that means.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ken
Hi Ken, I will ask for more details when I am down there next weekend or you can call and ask for Max at 504 595 6776. I will try and get details though and post. Not sure if I want to be a hero though..to big a target! Meanwhile put another 100 miles on the bike today including some slow twisties and no issues except the weather is bloody hot.:D

Art

·
Registered
296 Posts
Gene, your bike is still running lean at low rpms?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gene, your bike is still running lean at low rpms?
It's running better after the remap, but still not very smooth between 2000-4000...went for an 1.5 hour ride this morning from my house near the stadium to Waialua, Haleiwa and back and it ran great...it's just not happy in traffic...going to change out the countershaft sprocket to a 14t at the first service...

·
Registered
296 Posts
The 14t will make a world of difference. And, something that is pretty common with almost all current(ish) Ducati bikes is that they run pretty lean (some could say crappy) until you put the DP system on it. There were MAJOR issues with the DS1000 motor, when the E3 compliant emission system came into vogue, until the DP system was installed. Then it ran much better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I picked mine up this morning. It is better, but still runs pretty rough under 4K. I only had a short ride from the dealers to work, but it seems to me that it is running a tad better under 3.5K, but it is still flat between 3.5 and 4 and then it tends to surge a bit. BTW I didn't find the problem to be horrible to start with, but definitely a bit annoying at low speeds. I'm going to get some more riding in and then decide if I want to change out the front sprocket.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just went to a 40T in the rear and with just 20 minutes of riding I can already tell it is worlds better.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
I asked my guys to flash the new map in and they tried but, it wouldn't load in properly... I will also get it done at the first service.
She runs a bit rough as you guys have said at low speeds and when trying to follow those annoying cages from stop lights... just have to run by em I guess!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I picked mine up this morning. It is better, but still runs pretty rough under 4K. I only had a short ride from the dealers to work, but it seems to me that it is running a tad better under 3.5K, but it is still flat between 3.5 and 4 and then it tends to surge a bit. BTW I didn't find the problem to be horrible to start with, but definitely a bit annoying at low speeds. I'm going to get some more riding in and then decide if I want to change out the front sprocket.
Well the sprocket must be having an effect on where the rough spot presents itself because mine has the slightest roughness right off the very bottom but immediately smoothes out. The 3-4k roughness is completely gone.

Since we both received the same map, I'd say the front sprocket maybe the way to go.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Ken, I will ask for more details when I am down there next weekend or you can call and ask for Max at 504 595 6776. I will try and get details though and post. Not sure if I want to be a hero though..to big a target! Meanwhile put another 100 miles on the bike today including some slow twisties and no issues except the weather is bloody hot.:D

Art

They called me to see how it was running after a week and I said just fine. The fix they do with the TPS (no longer set at the stock 2.6 deg) is to fool the ECU into dumping more fuel in at low RPM. He says if anyone calls them they will give out the details.

Art

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talked to the dealership's Ducati mechanic yesterday, he says he will reset the TPS when I bring it in for the 600 mi service...I'll give him Max's number.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got my reflash last night and I agree with everyone here that the bike is way better. It's not 100%, but much, much better. Easier to ride two up, easier to negotiate city traffic, easier to ride in every regard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They called me to see how it was running after a week and I said just fine. The fix they do with the TPS (no longer set at the stock 2.6 deg) is to fool the ECU into dumping more fuel in at low RPM. He says if anyone calls them they will give out the details.

Art
OK i feel like a bit of a squid here but what is the TPS?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts