Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all,

I've been reading the forum for a while. I've been a life long motorcycle enthusiast, I was riding a minibike at the age of 5, raced a '76 RM125 as a teenager, and started riding on the streets the day I turned 16 on a Suzuki TS400.

I have collected, restored and ridden a number of classics over the years.

Some of the bikes I've owned over the years:

-Numerous ironhead and evo Sportsters,
-Numerous pre-unit and unit Triumphs,
-1980 Harley FX Custom,
-1984 Kawasaki Ninja 900,
-1970 Triumph T150 Triple,
-1970 Honda 750 4 sandcast!
-1938 Indian Junior Scout
-1954 Harley KHK
-1966 BSA Lightning
-2003 Suzuki SV650
-2001 Suzuki SV650
-1998 Yamaha WR250
-and dozens of others!

Currently I have a 2003 YZ450F as my dirtbike, and a custom Yamaha XS650 as my street bike. I have been wanting to get back into the newer technology and have been researching the only two makes that stir me, Triumph and Ducati.

Well, I finally made my decision and am in the process of purchasing a used 2008 Hypermotard. I was also looking at the Thruxton, Scrambler, T100, 675, Street Triple, and various Monster models, but the Hyper won out in the end.

I was at a classic bike show a couple years back here in Kansas City and after tooling around the bikes in the show, I strolled through the parking lot as there were a lot of nice classics and modern bikes out there. In the distance, I caught a glimpse of a Hyper and was literally drawn to it like some kind of magnetic force field. That's the only way to describe it. I just kind of floated over to it and just stared at it for about 15 minutes. I said to myself that day, finally, a motorcycle designed for ME!

Well, finally, I decided to sell of some vintage iron to pay for a Hyper and I've got it coming. My only dilemma on the bike is that the previous owner didn't like the stock handguard/blinker/mirrors. He put on some aftermarket mirrors with integrated blinkers. I have always equipped every bike I've owned with bar end mirrors, so I am extremely fond of the stock Ducati units. Before I go and buy some on Ebay, and sell my mirrors, I was going to see if anyone was wanting to get rid of their stockers to trade for my mirrors, even if I had to throw in some cash.

I've included a couple of photos, albeit not very good (it's all I have right now) of my Hyper with the aftermarket mirrors, to give you some idea of what I have. I'm not sure of the maker, but they are high quality and look very nice.

Thanks for the opportunity to post and to become a member of this nice community!

Terry Williams (T)
Linwood, KS

·
Registered
191 Posts
First of all, welcome to the Hyper club!! Lots of great topics and discussion here. It looks to me like the mirrors are from Ducati. I put Rizoma's on mine as I think the bike looks to wide from the front with the stockers on. Neat design from the factory but it didnt really do much for me. I agree with you on the "magnetic force field". When I first saw the prototype pics from Ducati I told myself it WILL be mine soon enough. This bike is just right for me in so many ways.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the Hyper madness. I grew up and raced MX in Kansas back in the 70's and 80's. I also have a XS650 that I ride in classic events here in Oklahoma. Congrats on your new bike, it is the bike I gravitate too when I want to have some stress relieving fun. I like the stock bar end mirrors also, probably wouldn't if I did alot of in town riding, most of my riding is done on back roads.

·
Premium Member
12,280 Posts
That magnetic force field is the Tractor Beam very similar to the one on the Starship Enterprise standard equipment on the Hypers:DYour gonna love the pull and handling .Welcome aboard don't be shy with the questions Lots of friendlys here who are eager to help out with the Ducati experience...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts