Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 11 K service done a little early and now the "Maint" warning comes on after the initial turn of the key. I seem to remember a thread a few years ago about a way to turn off this warning on our own. I don't want to search for hours to find it through the thousands of posts and comments.

Does anyone know or remember the process?

Much appreciated,

·
Registered
15 Posts
From the workshop manual

"To remove the “MAInt” message, hold down the button (13) and set the key to ON, wait until the message clears and then release the button and set the key to OFF.
When the ignition key is returned to ON the message should not reappear"

Button 13 is the left hand one

:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks heaps, Ouroboros :D
Had the same issue, 1st service was done at 990km, the msg has been there ever since - now fixed. Knowledge is power, and this forum is very helpful thanks to kind folk like yourself. I have a shop manual, but assumed that the bike would need to be plugged into a computer to clear this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No problems mate, If you ever see a guy on a silver GT1000 with saddlebags riding round the south east thank me in person :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ouroboros,

Saved me a minor headache. I'll buy you a beer if I'm in the southeast. too;).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks.

Excellent timing!
Did the service myself and took the bike to the dealer to get the Maint indicator turned off.

They hooked it up while I waited.......and after 15mins ..... couldn't do it....

Now I can do it myself!

+1 Beer :D

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks, I bought my PS used and thought the Maint message was normal. I like not seeing it much better. How did we live before forums?

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
heh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts