Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was out riding the SFs today and decided to go see my buddy who works at a local Duc dealer. When I arrived, this is what I saw!

Within minutes, I ordered the S w/ABS! :eek:

Now, how do I break it to the wife? :confused:

·
1,766 Posts
You could tell it to your wife... that you were out... riding the SFs... and then that you decided to go see your buddy who happened to work at a local Duc dealer... But we know you planned it from the beginning! You were going to go to see it.. and most likely to order it!
Congrats dude. Great bike.! Too bad it is not naked...

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I asked my wife that question, just to pretend. She would even look at me, so I asked my 8 year old son and he said "don't buy it".

There you have it

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could tell it to your wife... that you were out... riding the SFs... and then that you decided to go see your buddy who happened to work at a local Duc dealer... But we know you planned it from the beginning! You were going to go to see it.. and most likely to order it!
Congrats dude. Great bike.!
Lol! Actually, I was told that tomorrow was the unveiling and went today in order to try to avoid the temptation. When I pulled in the parking lot, it was right there in all it's glory. But, yes I was secretly hoping! ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked my wife that question, just to pretend. She would even look at me, so I asked my 8 year old son and he said "don't buy it".
Smart kid! That's hilarious!

·
Registered
938 Posts
I been acquiring bikes and covering them. I always show my wife the cheap ones I buy. "Only cost a couple grand". Keep everything covered. Been selling the cheap ones, and been buying much more expensive ones. When they are covered, they all look the same....

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
If it's within your means, then tell your wife that life is short and one must enjoy themselves every step of the way...then be prepared to buy her something nice too...:D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it's within your means, then tell your wife that life is short and one must enjoy themselves every step of the way...then be prepared to buy her something nice too...:D
Funny you should say that.......I'm thinking a trip to Cabo might handle it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
hahaha, tough call. Did you get the panigale AND keep the sfighter? If so, then you're gonna have to live by my mantra: "She can only stay mad at me for so long...." If you are trading it in for the Sfighter, then you can just say diff bike, same $$ (assuming either you are just buying it outright, or you can put a healthy downpayment).

But who am I fooling, you're gonna be in the doghouse. But at least you have a sexy, gorgeous, badass bike.

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
All I could think of is that I would hide... and NEVER come out! Wouldn't even peek!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looked at one today in the back of the store. Nice and tiny with a LOT of extra electronic gadgetry. Even being a geek, that would be overwhelming to ride. Might make it too easy to ride and you end up riding over your limits on a lesser bike.

·
1,766 Posts
Say you bolted an aftermarket race fairings on to your Streetfighter. But then... sorry, a real Streetfighter must go.

(it was a joke... But if seriously - just tell your wife the truth).

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Congrats. I am envious and when it is a possibility for me, I will follow suit.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yesterday one of the guys at the store delivered one of the first panigales to a LADY so theres the answer tell your wife you've bought it for here and you'll just take care of it and of course ride it...;);)

Geoff...:sleep:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts