Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see all these different Brembo caliper sets for sale but they rarely specific a bike just a Brembo number. Is there a table somewhere that tells surface area and number of pistons. Or a ranking system. How can I tell which Brembo calipers or sets are better than the next?
I mean I understand researching modifications specific to my bike but I also understand that some things are universal.
I remember I had a 335 bmw twin turbo and the 135 twin turbo came stock with brembos as front brakes. They weren’t the flashy big ones but they were good enough. So I got a pair and made some notches where I needed it to fit and ran the right rotor to space it properly and it worked. Where’s our bible on brembos in the Ducati world

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
any 100mm brembo caliper swill face. Your stock M4s are more than enough for what you're doing.

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t necessarily want to change my brakes just curious if they’re all the same or my evo sp brakes are better than most brembos

·
Registered
84 Posts
The M4 monoblocs are very good calipers, they just aren't the lightest. For how light and slow the hypermotard is, investing in calipers other than trying to save weight isn't a very good use of funds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense. How much lighter do ones that are comparable In performance

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you need better calipers than the M4 monoblocks on your Hyper then you might be the fastest man alive, but most likely not. Money better invested in a master cylinder, cleaning your calipers, good pads and fresh fluid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts