Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you don't use the panniers so much you can save 310grams (0,69 pounds) :) In 1 year I never used the panniers today I removed the panniers support.. It was annoying that I couldn't never read the word "titanium" on the Termignoni. It looks better now and saved 310grams :) Probably will be even faster :)

Before

After

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
I can save more weight than that by visiting the bathroom before my ride.

But... I like how it looks - sadly I use my Panniers constantly so mine have to stay on... but it does look clean.

Reactions: Sauron

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
I can save more weight than that by visiting the bathroom before my ride.

But... I like how it looks - sadly I use my Panniers constantly so mine have to stay on... but it does look clean.
Why is it sad? Means you're getting the use out of them that you paid for, and (probably) that you're doing some touring. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Why is it sad? Means you're getting the use out of them that you paid for, and (probably) that you're doing some touring. :wink2:
Only sad because I really like the clean look... it would be nice if the mounts were designed in a way that they could be toollessly (just made that word up) removed. It's not a big deal... they're not THAT obtrusive - but while the bike hasn't got 'Panigale' beauty... I think it has fine lines for such a large bike, sexy even. :)

And yea the panniers are a must have for me... at least 3/4 of the 14000 miles on the bike have been while using the panniers (touring or commuting).

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
They are handy if you never use them...
Lose the center stand too.
Passenger foot pegs.
And wouldn't it be nice if you could get a can support with out the extra weight of the foot peg supports...
And take the rubber off the pegs...
Such a different bike with it being nakid, wind resistance and all...
Take the bags off of a H-D and it looks like some crook robbed stuff off of it.

Nice to have options, Put the bags and top case on and you may be able to get away with breaking the speed laws ,,, More easily than a nakid bike...
How many pounds does 310 grams make???:surprise:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahahah 0,69 pounds

I like the bike so much without panniers and top case that I need to feel uncomfortable and carry the tank bag, helmet and jackets when I stop the bike :)
But love the look that Ducati has done with the panniers fit.. Not like the ugly s1000xr I should feel so deppresed to see those tubes while not using the panniers :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
310 grams is only about .7lbs....... should shave off about .0002 seconds a lap lol.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I feel the bike much faster now :)
Actually it's a little bad that Termignoni or Ducati didn't think where it should be the word Titanium when we have this little part from the panniers support covering it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts