Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put my bike back together after doing the valves and belts and the fuel sensor wire that plugs into the tank is on the left side of the bike with a lot of slack looking bad. it is plugged in and working i just dont remember it looking so out of place and i cant figuire out how it was routed before.

any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
277 Posts
Damn I know I had the same problem it somehow needs to go along side the head on the left hand side of the bike and then then go down to the wiring harness... but dont quote me on this one ... the factory manual should have a detailed drawing.
PM me if you cant figure it out and I'll look it up in the manual ... Frankly it doesnt much matter as long as its safe.

Migrane

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I am not sure I understand exactly what part of the wire route you want to see.

My garage light was out. First 3 pics are close up of the right side in a dark garage. I did not see any obvious wire routes on the left side....but I had a high res pic I added you might be able to zoom in on.

BTW don't mind that extra tubing over the gas line...it's was just keep the gas line off the seat bolt head

Attachments

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I am not sure I understand exactly what part of the wire route you want to see.

My garage light was out. First 3 pics are close up of the right side in a dark garage. I did not see any obvious wire routes on the left side....but I had a high res pic I added you might be able to zoom in on.

BTW don't mind that extra tubing over the gas line...it's was just keep the gas line off the seat bolt head
If you look under the tank there is a space where the fuel lines tuck up into very nicely on each side of the plug when you let the tank down. This keeps them from chaffing against the cam cover nuts and other stuff. My fuel pick up wires also tuck up in there on the right side too!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thanks ZDM, I'll try that.

If you look under the tank there is a space where the fuel lines tuck up into very nicely on each side of the plug when you let the tank down. This keeps them from chaffing against the cam cover nuts and other stuff. My fuel pick up wires also tuck up in there on the right side too!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys yea ill have to lift the air box to fix it now, as the wire is trapped on the right side, ohh well. it will have to wait a while but at least I know how to fix it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts