Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
??? Do you have lost the key or not ???

Your questions here are always so cryptic...
Can you imagine what I went through when he was "attempting" to purchase my Paul Smart???? :crazy:

Let me guess.... the key has a scratch on it so you want to replace it? :D

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you imagine what I went through when he was "attempting" to purchase my Paul Smart???? :crazy:

Let me guess.... the key has a scratch on it so you want to replace it? :D
Haha, funny. Not my bike. Posting for an SC owner who doesn't know much about these bikes. I'm only helping out

Christian, no, the red key is missing as well as the code card

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
1. new ignition set which comes with new keys and code card
2. SOS diagnostics to remove your immobilizer, then simply buy the $5 Ducati eBay keys and have a locksmith cut them for $1 anywhere
3. SOS diagnostics or another local locksmith with the ability to "clone" one of your black keys. So instead of having red (1), black (2) , black (3), .... you have black (1), black (1), black (1) and while you have 3 keys, they are actually all the same key, so what... they work with the immobilizer :) BUT the downside which is if you lose one key, you cant use the red+black+black key combo to invalidate the immobilizer for that lost key. probably not a real concern.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey guys

I would like to know; how can one replace a missing red key and code card?

Ducati dealer wants to sell you the lockset, ECU and dash. there are alternatives I was told.

I found this website: S.O.S. Diagnostics - Italian Bike Programming and Keys

do you have any experience with them? any other suggestions?

thanks
SOS can make a new red key and issue a new code card.

When the dealer I bought an 08 S4RS from failed to locate the promised red key, I researched SOS, told the dealer about them and the dealer paid all charges for the replacements including R&R of the parts from my bike.
I'm not sure what all they had to send to SOS from my bike, but if you call SOS they can fill you in.
I believe it costs in the neighborhood of $500 for the full lost red key and code card replacement plus another black key, if you only have one black key to begin with.
HTH,
Dan

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
SOS can make a new red key and issue a new code card.

When the dealer I bought an 08 S4RS from failed to locate the promised red key, I researched SOS, told the dealer about them and the dealer paid all charges for the replacements including R&R of the parts from my bike.
I'm not sure what all they had to send to SOS from my bike, but if you call SOS they can fill you in.
I believe it costs in the neighborhood of $500 for the full lost red key and code card replacement plus another black key, if you only have one black key to begin with.
HTH,
Dan
My dealer told me $600 for a new ignition with new red key, black key, code card, etc. all straight from Ducati. So a tiny bit more than SOS and it's all dealer done, and I just simply ride it in, ride it out. Just food for thought if someone is sending off to SOS for 2-3 weeks, etc. to check a few dealers prices.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does anyone have anything new to report on this issue? It looks like my red key, and code card, were lost on the move from New Mexico to the UK, and now I'm looking to get it all sorted out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts