Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK - I know there used to be a thread on how to remove the ECU on a Multistrada 1200 without dismantling the whole bike. I tried search but apparently I am unable to put in the right terms as I get nothing or I get how to remove the emissions canister. So, apologies to all for the post but can someone help point me in the right direction? I promise I'll print and or bookmark it this time :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
OK - I know there used to be a thread on how to remove the ECU on a Multistrada 1200 without dismantling the whole bike. I tried search but apparently I am unable to put in the right terms as I get nothing or I get how to remove the emissions canister. So, apologies to all for the post but can someone help point me in the right direction? I promise I'll print and or bookmark it this time :)

Thanks!
Here we go, with photos....bit tricky as you need to be a gynaecologist...

One of the screws is extremely difficult to get to...once you have figured out the orientation of the photo :))

but other than that its fine.

Motorcycle Info Pages - MTS1200 Tuning & Performance > ECU Change / Access

·
Registered
504 Posts
The screw he mentions is the screw holding the ECU. I use a bit (torx) which fit and then a wrench from above. It took me some hours first time - but after some practice I can now do it in about 20-30 min.

Here we go, with photos....bit tricky as you need to be a gynaecologist...

One of the screws is extremely difficult to get to...once you have figured out the orientation of the photo :))

but other than that its fine.

Motorcycle Info Pages - MTS1200 Tuning & Performance > ECU Change / Access

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I took mine out a couple times now and I used a tiny ratchet that takes different bits, works perfect! You have to take the small left side panel off so you can get your hand under her skirt to help you out. It does take a bit of time, but can be done.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all - looks like I'll have a new project to do in a few weeks.

joeducati - a special thanks to you for your response as I get to enjoy your avatar!

I took mine out a couple times now and I used a tiny ratchet that takes different bits, works perfect! You have to take the small left side panel off so you can get your hand under her skirt to help you out. It does take a bit of time, but can be done.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Thanks all - looks like I'll have a new project to do in a few weeks.

joeducati - a special thanks to you for your response as I get to enjoy your avatar!
Anytime!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
thanks for the post...I need to take mine out so I can get it flashed next week.
Looking forward to some fueling improvements and real Ducati sounds with the LeoVince link pipe and ecu re-flash :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just out of interest...there is a mechanic at my place can change ECU's in 10 mins!! He can't do much else...but each to his own!!
Turkish...Some new exhaust systems come with a so called 'matched' ECU...so you have to change it. Other than that you need to be sure what people are talking about when they are on about re-flashing ECU's. There are only a few companies who can do that...and even then...unless they dyno your bike after...you are not likely to get much out of it, other than more trouble!!

·
Premium Member
2012 multistrada 1200 / 2019 hypermotard 950
346 Posts
Well Stated , Im in the process of trimming my air feul ratio right now after adding new Mivv Exaust . New mapping i dont think was accurate for my system . Maybe a good baseline and going now to try to trim some fat with a fuel modulator PC5 . One thing after another . WOW

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yep...I got a reflash from CJS in the UK...got rid of the O2 sensors...then put a PCV on here...had it dryno'd and have never stopped paying with the fuel ever since....and you can also tweak the timing....and the PCV has a neat (but not well doucmented) accelerator pump function...which is interesting if nothing else. (So now I have to add a laptop to my toolkit). Of course you may run into warranty issues!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts