Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the baffles on the under seat termis?

·
Premium Member
12,360 Posts
Couldn't be easier , I put mine in and out weekly , If going up to cottage country i put them in to appease the neighbours or on a long run there in or if just going for a blast with the guys there out..Use the allen wrench as a hook

·
Registered
74 Posts
Termi Baffles

As everyone has suggested - use an allen wrench and pull them out with either the wrench or a pair of pliers. They are tight at first, but will come out.

I agree that the good neighbor policy is useful and should be followed - there are enough loud Harleys and Liter bikes out there to piss off quiet neighborhoods as it is. Then again, the stock baffles really make the Hyper sound less appealing.

Suggestion - drill holes in the baffles and "tune" the sound.

I have been experimenting with drilling holes in the end of the baffle, and along the sides. It makes them sound a bit louder, like a V-twin should, but not overly extreme. Still experimenting. If I screw up, my dealer has tons of them as they pull out the baffles on all new sales of Termi's.

Enjoy

Lee

·
Registered
757 Posts
tried to see if i could find something before posting.... but would these apply to the 2010 796? does it have a baffle that can be removed (and replaced back)?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Look at the opening of the exhaust pipe, is there a small bar running across middle of the opening? If so then you probably have the same baffles as everyone has described. If the openings are completely unobstructed then you either have, no baffles or something different in the way of baffles (probably not the case).

·
Registered
452 Posts
My slip on came with the the nut dead welded. The dealer helped to de-weld the lock nut for me. If not there is no way i can remove the baffles.

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
i just looked at mine and it DOES have traces of that weld. i guess the original owner removed it already.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
taking the baffles out was the best thing I did
x2,

I put mine in briefly when I went to germany(they're more strict on noise regulation than here), but it was just smothering the bike, taking away a bit of its power and a lot of its noise. 2nd gear wheely's became a bit more difficult and the bike wasn't very fast. Wasn't that bad though since it was pouring rain then, but about halfway through I just took 'm out with an allen key and lots of water(they were hot, and the allen key didn't get a good grip, they were stuck pretty hard in the exhaust).

·
Registered
270 Posts
i just looked at mine and it DOES have traces of that weld. i guess the original owner removed it already.
You get them out yet?

If not, found the easiest way is to unscrew the screw, clamp some visegrips to the lip of the baffle and then clamp some visegrips on those visegrips (perpendicular to them). Give those second visegrips a good whack with a hammer and that baffle is outta there. That worked great for me even when that weld was intact.

·
Registered
757 Posts
You get them out yet?

If not, found the easiest way is to unscrew the screw, clamp some visegrips to the lip of the baffle and then clamp some visegrips on those visegrips (perpendicular to them). Give those second visegrips a good whack with a hammer and that baffle is outta there. That worked great for me even when that weld was intact.
thanks but that's all that's left on mine—just traces. the actual baffle is gone and the original owner didn't bother to give that me and i don't care to have it anymore. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
thanks but that's all that's left on mine—just traces. the actual baffle is gone and the original owner didn't bother to give that me and i don't care to have it anymore. :)
lol, sorry. i shouldn't have had that much wine last night. i obviously didn't read the thread carefully enough. :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Man that is Criminal!! :eek:
Lol. Hell yeah. Look to the next reply

Look to the next reply

taking the baffles out was the best thing I did
x2,

I put mine in briefly when I went to germany(they're more strict on noise regulation than here), but it was just smothering the bike, taking away a bit of its power and a lot of its noise. 2nd gear wheely's became a bit more difficult and the bike wasn't very fast. Wasn't that bad though since it was pouring rain then, but about halfway through I just took 'm out with an allen key and lots of water(they were hot, and the allen key didn't get a good grip, they were stuck pretty hard in the exhaust).
X3 infinity. Just love the termi. Loud and synchronize puff puff puff note. Never fail to turn any heads at traffic junction, bus stops etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts