Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I was wondering what's the best way to get an extra inch or two of height on the bars of my 06 800ss?

I've been able to condition my 55 year old decrepit bod to handle everything except the neck angle. I'm dealing with it by riding shorter distances, but I was wondering if just another inch or two on the bars would solve the problem.

Any recommendations for clips ons or bar risers? So far I found this one, but I don't know much about it:

http://www.oncycles.com/catalog.asp?r=1&pn=MCB00228

Thanks,

ape

·
Registered
207 Posts
Getting a set of clipon's w/ less angle/drop than stock really helps. With the newer SS's there isn't a lot of room to raise the bars/controls without running them or your hands into the upper fairing though. Try and find something like LSL, Speedymoto, Heli-Bar, or Cycle Cat clip-ons. The high-rise versions that some companies make won't fit because of the fairing clearance.

Re: the product in that link... no first-hand experience with it but I'd want to see pictures of an install showing clearance w/ the bars turned lock-to-lock.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Fast by Ferraci has risers that change the clip-on angle, plus enable raising the bars an inch. I like them on my SS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts