Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a Febur billet triple tree. For the Febur triple I want to use the stock spacers which sit beneth the handle bar clamp.

Has anybody an idea how to pull the stock spacers out of the stock upper triple tree without detroying them ?

Don't tell me to order new spacers (15 USD for the pair), I ordered them from Duc end of Feb '09 and still waiting.

Attachments

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
I tapped mine out using a cylinder slightly smaller than the spacers themselves.

I got one out okay; the other one, I tore the rubber a little. I just bought 2 new ones, took my dealer 3 days to get them. I'm in the US though, if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Use a socket that fits the outer shell of the bushing to tap it out or create a puller.One socket that fits the outer shell of the bushing on one side of the upper tree and a larger diameter deep socket that the bushing can be pulled into on the other side.Then just run a long bolt through the whole thing and tighten.As you tighten the bolt,the bushing will be pulled through the triple into the larger socket on the other side.

·
1,658 Posts
^ Why the hell didn't I think of that...:eek:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Use a socket that fits the outer shell of the bushing to tap it out or create a puller.One socket that fits the outer shell of the bushing on one side of the upper tree and a larger diameter deep socket that the bushing can be pulled into on the other side.Then just run a long bolt through the whole thing and tighten.As you tighten the bolt,the bushing will be pulled through the triple into the larger socket on the other side.
Thanks, that sounds easy and I going to try it.

·
1,658 Posts
^Hehehe...indeed. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts