Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
amullo said:
And remember..

The Desmosedici is a limited production bike with ALOT more goodies then a 1098 or even the coming 1198..

True Öhlins Moto-gp suspension
V4 superhigh rev desmo engine
Casette type ratio-change gearbox
full CF bodywork and Mag just about everywhere..

It´s a diffrent beast.
with $20K forks and the other high-tech bits, the $65K price tag of a desmosedici is a bargain. there is nothing to compare it to in the SBK line aside from the point of origin. compare it to the F4CC if you need to compare it to something else for sale that you can hang a license plate on. then laugh.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I don't have much to add to this except for the fact that the bike will be called: 1098R, not 11 anything... even though it is 1188cc.

That is all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rumor stolen from another site.

Prediction of 1098R Specs
Ducati North America, (DNA), held a meeting for it's dealer reps. At that meeting they discussed the 1098r. Details were few. This is what came out at the meeting:The "R" engine will be punched out 100 cc, to 1199cc. It will retain the "1098" monicker notwithstanding the larger engine. Expect 180hp + titanium rods (Crankshaft, Conrods,Cams) as standard because of the new regulations, 190-195 with new ecu and pipes. With other cams way over 200.Weight 365 Pipes 62mm or 70mm. The "R" model will have lots of carbon fiber bling. The "R" model will cost just under $40,000. $39,000 dollars is the number that's being thrown about, but nothing is etched in stone. The swingarm will remain a "Single Side Swingarm" (SSA). Like all prior "R" models, the 1098r will be a limited production homolgation bike that will be available by order only. You won't see any "R" models sitting around on showroom floors. It's not yet clear whether the "R" model will come standard, (like the Tri Color), with a Full Termignoni Racing Exhaust system, or whether buyers will be forced to shell out additional cash for this!

·
Registered
29 Posts
spalding12 said:
let's talk for a minute
when the 1188 "R" comes out next year
at 32.5K (approx)
how on earth will ducati make that bike worth 12.5K MORE than the 1098S and still not piss off the desmosedici owners who'll be spending 65K for THEIR bikes

for example
in hp numbers

1098 - 160
desmo - "greater than 200"
so..... the 1188 will have 180?
is 20hp worth 12.5K MORE than the 1098S?

so....
what do YOU think
what will be on the 1188 to make it worth 12.5K More than the 1098S and STILL not UPstage the desmosedici, costing twice as much (65K)?
Well some of your number are off... First off 32K for the "R" is off..Try $40K that is what is being throw around...1098R Specs
The "R" engine will be punched out 100 cc, to 1199cc. It will retain the "1098" monicker notwithstanding the larger engine. Expect 180hp + titanium rods (Crankshaft, Conrods,Cams) as standard because of the new regulations, 190-195 with new ecu and pipes. With other cams way over 200.Weight 365 Pipes 62mm or 70mm. The "R" model will have lots of carbon fiber bling. The "R" model will cost just under $40,000. $39,000 dollars is the number that's being thrown about, but nothing is etched in stone. The swingarm will remain a "Single Side Swingarm" (SSA). Like all prior "R" models, the 1098r will be a limited production homolgation bike that will be available by order only. You won't see any "R" models sitting around on showroom floors. It's not yet clear whether the "R" model will come standard, (like the Tri Color), with a Full Termignoni Racing Exhaust system, or whether buyers will be forced to shell out additional cash for this!
Desmo owers have nothing to worry about...They have the ultimate bike a near MOTO GP bike.. And yes you should pay more for the R... IT'S A DUCATI AND THE "R" SERIES... I have a buddy that has a desmo on order... He can care less about the "R".. He may be the only one in about 1000 owners that will have this bike. THe Desmo is in a whole different class.. The R has been here and done it.. It just an R... 20K less than the Desmo..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think $65K is a pretty fair price for the D16. After all it is a MotoGP bike. I think there is also a huge difference between an estimate of 180hp and 200+ hp.

BTW, I think it does come with a lime green pool with 3 Hooters chics in it.

·
Premium Member
8,658 Posts
foggy123 said:
Rumor stolen from another site.

Prediction of 1098R Specs
Ducati North America, (DNA), held a meeting for it's dealer reps. At that meeting they discussed the 1098r. Details were few. This is what came out at the meeting:The "R" engine will be punched out 100 cc, to 1199cc. It will retain the "1098" monicker notwithstanding the larger engine. Expect 180hp + titanium rods (Crankshaft, Conrods,Cams) as standard because of the new regulations, 190-195 with new ecu and pipes. With other cams way over 200.Weight 365 Pipes 62mm or 70mm. The "R" model will have lots of carbon fiber bling. The "R" model will cost just under $40,000. $39,000 dollars is the number that's being thrown about, but nothing is etched in stone. The swingarm will remain a "Single Side Swingarm" (SSA). Like all prior "R" models, the 1098r will be a limited production homolgation bike that will be available by order only. You won't see any "R" models sitting around on showroom floors. It's not yet clear whether the "R" model will come standard, (like the Tri Color), with a Full Termignoni Racing Exhaust system, or whether buyers will be forced to shell out additional cash for this!

Yeeeow!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
hey ! this thing is a whole lot more than an ubertricked out R !

Couldn't agree more. Totally different bike with the most serious Ducati suspension system yet, not to mention the four banger engine.( I am very surprised that there hasn't been any comments on that. What is with you guys ???)

Somebody here said that it should be carbon fiber everything. The way I figure it, the only significant CF components NOT available on the R's would be the fuel tank...did I get that right ? There just isn't that much CF on the real MotoGp bikes aside from tank and fairing very small bits. Wish there were some way to get the Carbon/Carbon brakes on the RR but that technology just cannot work on the street. Damn.

Lastly, doesn't ANYONE attach value to the experience of this totally unique power plant ? To my mind, that is very nearly the whole deal !

Extender said:
I think $65K is a pretty fair price for the D16. After all it is a MotoGP bike. I think there is also a huge difference between an estimate of 180hp and 200+ hp.

BTW, I think it does come with a lime green pool with 3 Hooters chics in it.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
bevel450 said:
Couldn't agree more. Totally different bike with the most serious Ducati suspension system yet, not to mention the four banger engine.( I am very surprised that there hasn't been any comments on that. What is with you guys ???)

Somebody here said that it should be carbon fiber everything. The way I figure it, the only significant CF components NOT available on the R's would be the fuel tank...did I get that right ?
Umm, the rear hugger would be a nice part to be included in the price of an R, (to at least protect the ohlins)instead you get to spend almost $300 for one, and the rear cowling is plastic, not sure why they go with plastic on that, but +1 on a carbon fiber fuel tank, that would be way cool but we all know why we cant have those on the street.....

But im not a carbon fiber freak, I almost hate it when it comes to taking it off the bike, its like dealing with Saltine Crackers, very very Brittle....

Lol a 4 cyclinder ducati whats this world coming too, oh wait, I had first crack at one of those due to the fact I was stupid enough to buy the R series???
Im suprised we arent hearing a battle here on Ducati's engine looks like a Honda, or now sounds like a R1

41 - 48 of 48 Posts