Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has done this or made it work?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is what I know based on peering over the shoulder of a tech who had my bike ECU plugged in......
When the factory software loads and opens to the main page, it seeks info from the ECU to identify it. They can also plug in the VIN manually. My Dealer had a wireless dongle that linked to the laptop.
He went through the prompts pretty fast, but here is what I could gather based on my limited experience with it.
Each model ( S, GT, PP, etc) has a factory set of options that are turned on as a default within the program. In the case of the Grantourismo, the option to turn on the relay associated with the switch on the handlebars is checked. So, there does appear to be a need for relay activation via factory software.
In short, simply ordering the handlebar switch and plugging it into the harness dongle may be all for not if the little check box in the program is not activated.
Again, this was just some casual observations while peering over the shoulder of a tech who seemed to be more interested in the two for Tuesday spin of Ozzy on the radio.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sq51lacfd is correct. Also, if the current draw of the aftermarket lamps is significantly more than the OEM (Touratech?) ones then it may be better to use the switched signal (after the dealership has programmed it to work) at the OEM lamp plug to energize a relay to feed the new lamps.

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sq51lacfd is correct. Also, if the current draw of the aftermarket lamps is significantly more than the OEM (Touratech?) ones then it may be better to use the switched signal (after the dealership has programmed it to work) at the OEM lamp plug to energize a relay to feed the new lamps.
Great suggestion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts