Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought my first street bike, and its a big one! I will be riding it for fun in the streets as well as the occasional trackday hopefully, however im worried about all that power! Ive been into dirbiking for a while but this is a whole different animal.

I know in Europe these bikes get limited to 47hp, for A2 license holders. I want to do this so i can get used to the bike and its handling with less power first.

How does one go about doing this? Does KTM sell a kit? is it a ECU Tune?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all, I just bought my first street bike, and its a big one! I will be riding it for fun in the streets as well as the occasional trackday hopefully, however im worried about all that power! Ive been into dirbiking for a while but this is a whole different animal.

I know in Europe these bikes get limited to 47hp, for A2 license holders. I want to do this so i can get used to the bike and its handling with less power first.

How does one go about doing this? Does KTM sell a kit? is it a ECU Tune?

Any help is appreciated.
When I got my 821 I had similar thoughts about getting used to the bike. Eventually I set it in 'urban' mode and just took it easy within a month I had turned it up to 'touring' and by the time it had 1,000 km on it I had it running in 'sport' mode. No fuss. This is what I would recommend you try. Just relax and take it easy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts