Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting DRIVEN D-3 Alumitech Grips.

Left side, just cut the org. one with a blade ?
Right side, I was thinking to let the dealer do it...

Thx!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
No need to cut anything, just get the air gun tip from your compressor and blow air betw. the rubber and the shaft, it will create an air pillow and the grip will slide right out. Do the same for putting the new ones on if is rubber also.
Whole job, 10 minutes, give or take.

·
Registered
265 Posts
No need to cut anything, just get the air gun tip from your compressor and blow air betw. the rubber and the shaft, it will create an air pillow and the grip will slide right out. Do the same for putting the new ones on if is rubber also.
Whole job, 10 minutes, give or take.

What Rossa said.

If its any harder then that, then they must have been glued on some how. :think:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If you don't have a compressor you could try jamming a screwdriver between the grip and the bar, lift it, spray in some WD-40, repeat in multiple spots and it should come right off.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Getting DRIVEN D-3 Alumitech Grips.

Left side, just cut the org. one with a blade ?
Right side, I was thinking to let the dealer do it...

Thx!
I just installed new Superbike grips on my 998. Used a blade. Worked like a charm. Make sure to install the correct grip on the right clip on. One might be bigger than the other. Total time spent = 10 min.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I used windex and a screwdriver as it does not leave them greasy for the next install. Then I sprayed more windex and put the new grips on. When windex is try you are done.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How about the Throttle side grip...

Any issues...I've never done the throttle side grip before...

thx!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
air compressor has always worked for me! When you go to put it back on, slide it on with a little nail polish remover and it will evaporate for a nice tacky fit

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Spray the inside with hair spray. They'll slip on more easily and won't rotate on the bar after the spray dries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts