Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps,

I tried to remove my OEM clutch reservoir today from my '06 999, as it's been leaking lately and I need to replace it. However I just can't for the life of me remove it from the master cylinder unit. I removed all brake fluid from the reservoir, gave it a good wipe, and removed the small screw that is inside the reservoir.
However, even after that the plastic reservoir was as rock solid as before! :think:
I tried pulling it or just moving it around but it won't budge. What gives? Am I missing something here?

Any help will be highly appreciated guys!

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
After you remove the bleed screw you will be left with the part the bleed screw fit into. You need to use an 8 MM allen key/wrench and screw that out. It is in very very tight. Once you unscrew that part the res will come right out. The little tube on the side is just a press fit, but keep track of the little o-ring as you pull the res to the side and up to take it off.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Check the rubber grommet that is left in the master cylinder's inlet port. If it is hardened or cracked or damaged it may leak. Also check the reservoir nipple that fits into it. It should be smooth, with no casting flash, to seal well in the grommet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All great advice guys! Many thanks!
Just to be on the safe side I found a brand new reservoir and I will also replace the bleed fitting with a new one. I hope this sorts it all out. (I don't really fancy brake fluid over my fairings). :rolleyes:

Will let you know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts