Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It’s all about the mock up.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well the project was a battle but we were successful. Our 2 bikes set 3 World Records and 2 AMA National Records on the Bonneville Salt Flats. We recorded a top speed of 162. We arrived with a Ducati that started acting up and wouldn’t start or idle. Performance Electronics was able to look at the data and discovered a very flaky battery. Quick surgery got it running…. But no time to tune the turbocharged bike. So we data logged each pass and made changes each evening. In fact on the final record attempt PE graciously waited on us and dialed into our ECU from Ohio between the qualifying pass and the return run and took one last swipe at the fuel mapping, all while the AMA/FIM chief technical steward kept watch. That last change picked up 20mph. I can not recommend this company and their support enough. We wouldn’t have accomplished all we did without Performance Electronics!!! Their support was over the top! Anytime I need an ECU or O2 system I will be one their doorstep. A couple pictures, included. I will put up some video and better pictures once downloaded. We are well chuffed as both bikes have a lot left to give. All our settings were very conservative and we chose to slowly come up on the settings rather than set to kill and destroy bikes not yet tuned. (We only got 2 dyno passes on the nitrous bike for baseline and without tuning…none on the turbo Duc). The new chassis and sidecar geometry worked out perfectly, and never needed adjustment. We hit that perfectly thanks to some sidecar testing last year.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motorcycle
Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
And you were right seven4niner….it didn’t fit in the panel van. 😉

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
540 Posts
Wowsa! Sounds like even more to come with more tuning. Great effort!

Now about the van, it mightn’t fit your bike but I’m sure it would fit mine.....just sayin’.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I would ride there with my eyes closed. You lose your equilibrium quickly and then you lose your sense of trust instantly.

I do it when I am running and get bored, but haven't done it an a mo-mo yet b/c I will nail something.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It is extremely disorienting out on the salt…when making speed runs it’s all about looking for the next flag 1/4 mile away…

the old panel was going to carry my old CBR but then I chopped it 5 1/2” and C’ed the frame and tubbed it…. But it does move 😲
Sky Mountain Snow Slope Freezing
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Reactions: seven4niner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts