Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

I'm trying to figure out how to fit the original mirrors onto my new bike again. The previous owner had one of those small SGC mirrors and I'd really like to install the original ones back on (I have them). Thing, is, there are plastic (?) pieces in the handlebar that's threaded and I can't seem to take them out. Also, the mirrors don't seem to have the rubber inserts that are needed (I think). Do I need to get new ones?

Here are some pictures:

Previously installed mirror

Threaded plastic inside the bar (any idea how to remove it?)

My original mirror

What I believe I'm missing

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
I actually have exactly the same bar end mirrors i believe and i was missing the bolt to put them in the handlebars as mine were mounted on the standard position - you will definitely have to get that rubber out of the handlebar.. tried screwing a woodscrew in there and pulling it out?
Regarding the mounting, what i did was buy a cheap set of china bar ends for like 10$ of ebay like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/232523580277 just to use it's bolt and pinching nut for my mirrors.
In the end all you need is a bolt with a nut that will pinch itself against the inside of your handle bars.
Looking at the end of your mirrors, yours appear to be longer so you might have to get a longer (M6 or M8 don't remember right now..) bolt aswell..

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
After you pull that rubber out, or you can re-use it with the original mirrors, or you can go to a hardware store and buy something similar (rubber) or maybe even metallic.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Those CRG mirrors you are ditching are WAY better at checking out what's behind you. I don't care much for the looks, especially on my vintage rides, but I have them on all my bikes because they work so well. Then again...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have exactly the same bar end mirrors i believe and i was missing the bolt to put them in the handlebars as mine were mounted on the standard position - you will definitely have to get that rubber out of the handlebar.. tried screwing a woodscrew in there and pulling it out?
Regarding the mounting, what i did was buy a cheap set of china bar ends for like 10$ of ebay like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/232523580277 just to use it's bolt and pinching nut for my mirrors.
In the end all you need is a bolt with a nut that will pinch itself against the inside of your handle bars.
Looking at the end of your mirrors, yours appear to be longer so you might have to get a longer (M6 or M8 don't remember right now..) bolt aswell..
That's a great idea! Thank you sir! I just ordered a pair on ebay :grin2: When they get here I'll report back and let you know how it goes!

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those CRG mirrors you are ditching are WAY better at checking out what's behind you. I don't care much for the looks, especially on my vintage rides, but I have them on all my bikes because they work so well. Then again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGXn249Fc0
Haha, I love that video clip. When I get the cheaper versions I'll try them on one more time and see. :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts