Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a monoposto and would like for it to be a biposto. I asked a technician at my local dealership and he said that I will need a new subframe and new seat. Is this the only way to do the conversion?

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
517 Posts
There are a lot of threads regarding this topic. just conduct a quick search to find them.
If you were in the North East, I would have swapped bikes with you. I have an '07 Biposto, but because of my newly track addiction, wished I had a mono...

~k

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
you could do a swap...

you two could swap swingarm, seat and peg/rearset assemblies and exhaust - those are the differences.

you can even just put on a set of 07 pillion peg/triangles and an 07 exhaust and leave the swingarm if you wanted. the seats interchange - may need to fiddle with/shim the latch a little to get it adjusted as the full seats (bip/gt) use some metal loops that engage hooks on the top of the frame which are slightly different than the mono seat - but it's not a big deal, i did it on mine.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'll swap with you. Would you also want the termi's? PM me if interested.

·
Registered
175 Posts
'ducati city' in elizabeth st. melbourne, australia, told me two weeks ago they were about to do a conversion from a mono to bip.

he mentioned '77' parts were needed and had been ordered. i guess this is a conversion by the 'ducati book'. i'm assuming there would be alternative ways.

if you want to do it by the book they might send you the parts list, and provide a little guidance... he had it in his hand whilst i was in the shop.

good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts