Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Searching revealed only that people agree it's the right thing to do. But which dzus fastener do I use to replace the two wellnuts that keep the lower fairings together at the bottom of the bike? Any recs on online retailers to buy them?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I recently bought two new lower fairings off Ebay for my 999 (NOS) and realized they had two fastener locations instead of just one that I had on my old fairings. You can use a Dzus fastener w/ handle and longer pin or just the allen headed fastener as I did. I just used the first hole, then ran red duct tape over the Dzus and the slit between the fairings. It's was too much of a PITA to lock in that second Dzus. Works great!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Buy from racebolts, use allen head 14mm I believe. Drill holes with 9/32 drill bit. Slide clips on, put plastic washers on dzus and go.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I recently bought two new lower fairings off Ebay for my 999 (NOS) and realized they had two fastener locations instead of just one that I had on my old fairings. You can use a Dzus fastener w/ handle and longer pin or just the allen headed fastener as I did. I just used the first hole, then ran red duct tape over the Dzus and the slit between the fairings. It's was too much of a PITA to lock in that second Dzus. Works great!
Both my 999S and my 999R have two fixing holes on the under side of the fairing one has carbon fairing the other the plastic fairing . They only need two bolts for twice the security.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking to do this to my '05 749S as well - to be clear, everyone who's done this has just bought 2 additional Dzus fasteners identical to what's used for the rest of the fairings?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yes, order 14mm from racebolts and 2 clips. I'm pretty sure 14mm with one plastic washer is the right set up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts