Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the cruise control S/W my dashboard indicators were reset to KM and deg C. I can't seem to figure out how to change them back to MI and deg F.

I followed the manual procedure (hold down headlight flasher and reset switch), but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--Doc

·
Super Moderator
6,008 Posts
probly easiest to download an easy unit conversion app for your phone

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Note that as an engineer I AM comfortable with both English and SI (i.e. "metric") units. But it was a bit unnerving to see the speedo indicate 130 when I was just keeping up with traffic :eek:

The MTS user's manual is not written very well on the topic of setting the dashboard display units, as I found. It seems to imply that one actually has to START the bike to change display units. Not true, of course. Anyway, I just Googled the topic and quickly found the procedure. Should have done that first instead of troubling this forum, which I've historically troubled enough ;)

Good winter riding, everybody!

--Doc

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha! I picked up my new KTM 990SM a few years ago and unknown to me the speedo was indicating mph. I dropped onto the highway back to Brisbane and sitting on what I thought was 100kph. I was a little amazed at how slowly the traffic was moving as I constantly coming up on the traffic. It slowly dawned on me something was amiss. I pulled over and had a better look at the display to notice the small mph indication. Here I was proudly tearing along a 100kmh section of the highway sure that I was just sitting on the right speed. If officer plod had pulled me over it would have been interesting, even better had I have gotten to the 110kmh section. The dealer had thought they had configured the speedo correctly but the SM was slightly different to the Adventures they were used to!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,008 Posts
When I crossed into Canada earlier this year for a 3-day moto-trip, I grinned to see speed limits of 70-100 (though I knew it was kph). I pulled over after customs to change the display over to metric but got frustrated after a few minutes so left it in English. So much to love about the multi, but "intuitive" does not describe the computer menu system. It takes me several trials to reset the clock! I was never good with VCRs either.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ouch! Ya hit a nerve there, pardner...

Enjoyed the visit Dr. Greg. How is the CC doing should be the real question here! :D
I got the CC working just before I had to leave for a family vacation. Then when I got back I had to jump on a plane for a week-long business trip (I'm supposed to be retired, right?). Ever since I got back it's been too effing COLD to ride. Like in the 30s (I'm an old guy and not tough anymore).

Even though the thread has been shut down, I intend to give a full report on my opinion of the CC as soon as possible. Maybe later this week.

Thanks for asking.

--Doc

·
Premium Member
2012 multistrada 1200 / 2019 hypermotard 950
346 Posts
Never mind...a quick search revealed the procedure.

--Doc
Theres a quick reference on YouTube.. l had to use it after bike was reflash...

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts